• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Application matters...is your goal to shoot tiny little groups at 1k or be able to hit a 24x24 plate? Since you're mounting on a RPR, i'm going to guess 24x24" plate rather than chasing a 1/2MOA X ring at 1k(5").

I have a sightron for my target gun, works great and decently clear. Just picked up a Vortex Golden Eagle for another target gun 1k, its clearer than my sightron.
    Bushnell is good glass, lots of PRS shooters use them. Just make sure if you want MOA reticles, that the have the reticle you prefer as most of Bushnell is MIL.

Whats wrong with a vortex razor HD2? I have one and they are pretty clear. At distance, clarity is more important than "zoom".

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Whats wrong with a vortex razor HD2? I have one and they are pretty clear. At distance, clarity is more important than "zoom".
    Nothing is 'wrong' w/ a razor HD2! I posted a link earlier to one on sale. They are however 2x the cost of the other scopes being discussed here;) (except the upcoming Burris XTR3)

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    I will always take 2 cents, and a nickel's worth is even better. About 15 years ago I sent two scopes back to Burris for warranty work because the plastic seals on the turret knobs were coming apart. They fixed them up without a fuss and sent them back to me at no charge. I have also had really good service from Beretta on a couple of guns and Beretta owns Burris now. I know a lot could change in 15 years, but that has been my experience. The warranty experience with Beretta was also about 15 years ago. Know I was dating g my wife at the time since she drove down there with me.

How long ago did Scott have issues with Burris?

I just asked him a couple minutes ago. . He said it has been a few years since he has sold them. Not completely sure.

FYI, back in the 80's and 90's I heard a few good things about Burris warranty work.I have 4 of their scopes plus 2 Pentax (made on a Burris patent using the same glass older Burris scopes got from them. This was before Pentax scopes were made in China). Never a problem with any of mine. So I don't know if that is still valid or not. Maybe worth looking over recent reviews a little extra closely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom