Go Back   Maryland Shooters > The Arsenal > Rifles
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old June 1st, 2019, 11:00 PM #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by outrider58 View Post
This Romeo5 took the place of a Vortex SPARK, which gave me nothing but problems. So far, The Romeo has been problem free. Someone else mentioned the dot being superior to the Eotech. Well, it beats out the SPARK's dot also.
Iím not knocking the eotech itís just the fact that my eyes canít seem to focus the dot and ring. Iím not sure why that is. If I use a magnifier though it is fine.
firemn260 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2019, 12:12 AM #12

You people are getting to be an expensive group to know. 300BLK....P80.....lights......some bendy looking knife from overseas.....red dots......
Old June 2nd, 2019, 06:26 AM #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemn260 View Post
Iím not knocking the eotech itís just the fact that my eyes canít seem to focus the dot and ring. Iím not sure why that is. If I use a magnifier though it is fine.
I'm a big fan of Eotechs. Aside from their previous problems(problems I have not experienced), they are solid combat sights. They are 'minute of man' red dots. I found that If I wanted to get real accurate with them, it required me to turn the 'volume' way down.

The Romeos and the like are opposite(to me). They are very fine optics. Fine as in more delicate. I agree that they are more for range shooting, plinking, and HD work. I wouldn't want to have to take one into battle and have to rely solely on it.
outrider58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2019, 07:36 AM #14

I have 2 Romeo 5s including an XDR with the 65 moa circle. I like both of them but prefer the XDR. I really like that it uses a AAA battery too. I don’t see a bid difference related to the Vortex Sparc AR. I have three of them. Vortex needs to update this optic to improve the battery life and to include a circle in the reticle. I’m still a huge Vortex fan boy because of their warranty. I returned two scopes (one fell of the shooting bench and the other I bought used had the rings badly over tightened) and one of my Sparc ARs because the AAA battery blew up inside. No questions asked, just replaced all three in under a week.
GolfR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2019, 12:57 AM #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tungsten View Post
You people are getting to be an expensive group to know. 300BLK....P80.....lights......some bendy looking knife from overseas.....red dots......
I think we all have a inner gun and gun gadget weakness one way or another. I think I come here sometimes just to ask for reasons to justify my impulsive spending habits.
Old June 6th, 2019, 09:04 AM #16
DILLIGAF

DILLIGAF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tungsten View Post
I do not believe that things that are the most common for people to use when putting a gun together are the best. I have been wrong and I have been right. I do not see the fun in building a rifle with the same mag pul grip, foregrip, stock etc. Now for a beginner I would stter them towards many of what magpul offers it is quality and usually will not break a bank. I am guilty of buying expensive parts and equipment I have an EOtech on one rifle, I have $329 iron sights on another but I also have put cheap items on also Matrix Arms handguards on two rifles, AR stoner barrel on another
jrumann59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2019, 12:13 AM #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemn260 View Post
EOtechs can look fuzzy if you try to look at the reticle. They generally sharpen up if you look at your target with both eyes open.
fbi_surveillance_van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2019, 07:28 PM #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbi_surveillance_van View Post
EOtechs can look fuzzy if you try to look at the reticle. They generally sharpen up if you look at your target with both eyes open.
I have been told that but no matter what I did it still was fuzzy. I read up on it and apparently my astigmatism has something to do with it. I never tried to look through one with my prescription glasses on but then again I rarely wear them anyway.

The sigs dot is not as crisp if I focus on it but on target it is fine.
Old June 16th, 2019, 11:07 PM #19
DILLIGAF

DILLIGAF

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbi_surveillance_van View Post
This is so true. For me non-magnified EOtech no problem, minute I throgh the magnifier I go one eye, same with most tubular RDS.

EOTech tells you not to focus on the reticle but the target, when you do that the fuzziness goes away.
jrumann59 is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > The Arsenal > Rifles