• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    sorry , late update. got the call from Balt Best that my paper work came in.
    went up last saturday to pick up the new Q el camino 22lr
    paper work started 04/18.- wait time 10 mo on a trust.

Thanks for the report. I find this encouraging. My trust paperwork went in 4/18...fingers crossed...

Exuberon

Aug 8, 2017
    Southern Virginia
    Finally got word I can pick up my Ruger Silent SR-ISB for my 10/22 Takedown.

I applied for my Individual form 4 at GymRatz through their Silencershop kiosk back in March (2018).

Payment Cashed in 5 May 18.

With notifications today; That puts it at 303 calendar days from date the check was cashed..... 339 days (233 working days) from initial submission.

Completely ridiculous how long this took, but glad it’s over.....won’t be doing that again.

eddiek2000

Sweet Lemonade!!
    Feb 11, 2008
    Southern Maryland - Chuck Co.

I applied for my Individual form 4 at GymRatz through their Silencershop kiosk back in March (2018).

With notifications today; That puts it at 303 calendar days from date the check was cashed..... 339 days (233 working days) from initial submission.

Completely ridiculous how long this took, but glad it’s over.....won’t be doing that again.

F me. I'm out at 280+/- check cashed from Gymratz.

rscalzo

Feb 19, 2019
    Ever have problems on NICS checks? Long waits like that are often indicative that you're in FBI BG check hell.

never .Last one went through in a matter of minutes. Talking to the ATF they claim it's not the first time they have taken so long. They offered to transfer me to the examiner. I'll give it another week. Still waiting for a Form 4 that went pending 6/12/18. But that's not beyond then norm yet.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Only in the Government... they get a paid one month break and that sets them back 2 months worth of work!

I really bet if this process was in private hands, you could replace the term "months" in the wait time to "hours" and it would be about right.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    The infuriating part is that many of us are repeat buyers. You would think ATF would run a NICS check on a repeat NFA purchaser and approve it...because you know they went through the full mill recently. I think that would save a lot of time (and money).

One also wonders how much it really costs to run a Form 4.

rscalzo

Feb 19, 2019
    Only in the Government... they get a paid one month break and that sets them back 2 months worth of work!

I really bet if this process was in private hands, you could replace the term "months" in the wait time to "hours" and it would be about right.

When NJ stopped using rolled prints for FID and Pistol Purchase Permits ad farmed it out to a private organization IDEMIA, formerly Morpho (a French company) that sets up appointments, live scans and has the results back to the department via email in a hour or two. Hard copy prints took months.

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    Form 4 personal.

Check cleared bank May 10, 2018. Stamp approved March 5, 2019, got the call from Engage today March 12.

Naturally I high tailed it to Rockville this afternoon. :)

CrabcakesAndFootball

Jun 14, 2017

Please let us know how you like it. I’ve been thinking of getting the same. Thanks

ARinPG

Jan 12, 2016
    I just picked up one of my nfa items today. Date on paperwork says 5/8. I know I submitted way before that. So by going by the paperwork it was 10 months to the day.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    I finally got my stamp!

MG on a form 4, trust.

Paperwork dated 4/28/18 and went in the mail to BATFE within a few days of that.

Form 4 approved 3/5/19, and I picked it up today.

Total time about a week less than ten months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom