• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • barr321

Inaccurately accurate
    Sep 22, 2018
    Eight days for my son to get an email reply.

I haven’t read through all the pages, so forgive me,l. Are they just responding with basically “the atf doesn’t recognize this as valid and there’s nothing we can do, it’s all on MD” type BS?

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    I haven’t read through all the pages, so forgive me,l. Are they just responding with basically “the atf doesn’t recognize this as valid and there’s nothing we can do, it’s all on MD” type BS?

Correct. However, that does not invalidate the MD requirement to ‘apply’ anyway.

You can read more and find a form application here: https://tinyurl.com/sb707

barr321

Inaccurately accurate
    Sep 22, 2018
    Correct. However, that does not invalidate the MD requirement to ‘apply’ anyway.

You can read more and find a form application here: https://tinyurl.com/sb707

Gotta love the wack ass laws we have here. Says a lot when the ATF basically says **** this to a states law. Hopefully with everyone spamming them with these letters and emails, they’ll try to step in.. not that it’ll do much good unfortunately.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater

That's pretty much what my email reply from ATF said. Still waiting on the snail mail registered, return receipt letter to get delivered from last Monday.

barr321

Inaccurately accurate
    Sep 22, 2018
    That's pretty much what my email reply from ATF said. Still waiting on the snail mail registered, return receipt letter to get delivered from last Monday.

Is anyone predicting or have any thoughts on what MD as a state will do about it? Will they realize the ATF has no interest in this and get rid of it? Or will it just remain to be a burden to all of those who wanted to keep their “rapid fire activators”.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

Email response copied:

Mr. Stove Jr –

ATF's position regarding Maryland’s new law is posted on our public website in a Special Advisory issued by our Office of Public Affairs. We have included a hyperlink to the advisory for your convenience below.

https://www.atf.gov/news/pr/maryland-law-restricting-rapid-fire-trigger-activators

We trust this advisory clarifies ATF’s authority and your submission is therefore returned without action. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance by contacting us at (202)648-7190 or FIPB@atf.gov.

Dawn Smith, Program Manager (IOI)

Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF)

Firearms Industry Programs Branch (FIPB)

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Is anyone predicting or have any thoughts on what MD as a state will do about it? Will they realize the ATF has no interest in this and get rid of it? Or will it just remain to be a burden to all of those who wanted to keep their “rapid fire activators”.

You must be new to Maryland... :innocent0

A gun-grabbing state actually get rid of gun-grabbing laws?

Well, it DID happen once, but that was more about money than anything...

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012

They don't have to do anything because it is already in the law that was passed. If you apply before October 1st of this year you get a one year extension. If you do not get BATFE approval by October 1st of next year the law still goes into effect. The only hope, snowball in Hell, is the Maryland General Assembly will change the law before October 1, 2019 OR the lawsuit will be decided before then, zero chance because of the time for deliberations and appeals. Don't hold your breath.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    OR the lawsuit will be decided before then, zero chance because of the time for deliberations and appeals.

This is our only hope. The MGA is not going to change the law. However, given the circumstances of this whole thing, I would expect that either a) the lawsuit will be decided before 10/1/19, or b) there will be an injunction against enforcement issued until the lawsuit is decided.

A judge is not going to let this law start being enforced until that suit is decided.

MrsRab1515

Nov 27, 2017
    All over the dang state
    This is our only hope. The MGA is not going to change the law. However, given the circumstances of this whole thing, I would expect that either a) the lawsuit will be decided before 10/1/19, or b) there will be an injunction against enforcement issued until the lawsuit is decided.

A judge is not going to let this law start being enforced until that suit is decided.

The only reason an injunction was not granted this time was because the judge believed we had an "out" until Oct. 1, 2019, as in his legal opinion it doesn't matter that the ATF is returning applications and stating it has no authority to grant approval. The statute only requires that we apply, which we are free to do; the response does not matter until Oct. 1, 2019.

smokedog

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2009
    Frederick Md

Hogans quote- baltimore sun
    "We have some of the toughest gun laws in america, but I've moved to make them even tougher and try to make sure we cover some of these loop holes"

I don't think anything will be done outside of the lawsuit. :sad20:

md123

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    Sorry if I missed it but can we just send FedEx with signature requested?

I filled out a certified mail with receipt request but will have a hard time getting to post office in time.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    Beginning to think those green delivery confirmation cards get put in the ATF round file.

Yeah, the tracking info on my return receipt has not changed since the day I mailed it, and I've not yet received it. But, the form was mailed and delivered. I printed the tracking page.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Sorry if I missed it but can we just send FedEx with signature requested?

I filled out a certified mail with receipt request but will have a hard time getting to post office in time.

Of course you can.

Atlasarmory

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2009
    Glen Burnie
    Mine was delivered at 5:11 am on September 24

Curious to see if I receive anything as a reply in the mail.

I sent mine on 9/17 USPS Certified Mail

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom