• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I'm in a cluster ef with an alarm system and monitoring company at a commercial/industrial property I own in North East, MD.

I've essentially thrown in the towel with my current system (antiquated) and had my current company come out to quote a new (full) install.

Well, got the quote today and lucky I was sitting down as I opened the email. They're literally thousands over what I was expecting to see price wise.
    They're on the good shit. :sad20:

Who here does this kind of work, who do you guys recommend? I'm not mad at the current company monitoring wise, they've always been good to me with all my various false alarms, etc.

System consists of 6 separate key pads, several interior sirens, motions, heat detectors, some overheard garage doors and lots of "man" doors.

Ideas?

vector03

Frustrated Incorporated
    Jan 7, 2009
    Columbia
    I'm in a cluster ef with an alarm system and monitoring company at a commercial/industrial property I own in North East, MD.

I've essentially thrown in the towel with my current system (antiquated) and had my current company come out to quote a new (full) install.

Well, got the quote today and lucky I was sitting down as I opened the email. They're literally thousands over what I was expecting to see price wise.

Who here does this kind of work, who do you guys recommend? I'm not mad at the current company monitoring wise, they've always been good to me with all my various false alarms, etc.

System consists of 6 separate key pads, several interior sirens, motions, heat detectors, some overheard garage doors and lots of "man" doors.

Ideas?

No ideas, but I'm interested in your "Man" doors. What kind of business are you in again?

:innocent0

94hokie

Mar 29, 2015
    Severna Park, MD

Ideas?

I use Alarm Services of Maryland. They have been good service wise.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    No ideas, but I'm interested in your "Man" doors. What kind of business are you in again?

:innocent0

Ha.

That's just what I've always called them. We've got three 14X12 wide overheads, two others at I think 8' X 12 wide and then an 8 X 16 wide.

There's 10 regular walk out-swing steel (aka "man" doors) :D

I'm in a "manly" business (over there anyway). We do abrasive blasting of industrial/production parts in my shop, I've got 4 other areas leased out to other business.

Total under roof is something like 11,000 sq. ft.

Now beat it.:whip:

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    How much was the quote?

Over $6K with me running the main wires for the additional keypads (about 1k feet of 22/12.

So, they're on crack. They supplied me with all the part numbers for the equipment, comes out to right around $1,300 in parts (I added more than what they were spec'ing),

That's spending 20 minutes adding it all to my "watch" list in Ebay, I'm sure I could get it cheaper elsewhere.

Lostinbmore

Junior grade mop slopper
    Dec 19, 2012
    Baltimore
    I know I'm a little late to the party; however, 3rd eye security is a great firm. I've met them at gun shows and Scott out to my home. A++

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co

Ideas?

Action Integrated.com

I know the owner and he is as honest and direct as they come. I used to work for him over 20 years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom