• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TonyB.

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2012
    I plan to purchase a video surveillance system for my home. Just one of the cheapy ones from Costco. I am looking for someone like an electrician or IT person familiar with running the cables through the walls. If you or someone you know is interested, please PM me and I will send my phone number.

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    Klunatic, a forum member does this professionally and does great work.

Shoot him a PM.

StatBat

Oct 23, 2015
    Might want to look at wifi cameras - I found them easy to install myself and I can watch the house on my mobile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    Might want to look at wifi cameras - I found them easy to install myself and I can watch the house on my mobile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funny thing about those wifi cameras is that I can watch your house too... I know someone who routinely watches peoples wifi cameras on, of all things, his GPS unit... not on purpose... it's more of a random location thing... he has sent me screen shots... YMMV...:shrug:

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    Funny thing about those wifi cameras is that I can watch your house too... I know someone who routinely watches peoples wifi cameras on, of all things, his GPS unit... not on purpose... it's more of a random location thing... he has sent me screen shots... YMMV...:shrug:

I got a recent quote on a video surveillance system and insisted on interior cameras being hard-wired for reasons like this. Contractor wasn't convinced outdoor cameras would work well with WiFi so the whole system was spec'd as hard-wired.

t84a

USCG Master
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2013
    West Ocean City, MD

If they are installed correctly, no chance this can happen.

Traveler

Lighten up Francis
    Jan 18, 2013
    AA County
    Wireless can always be hacked. It is just a matter of time. You can make it take a long time, but not completely prevent it. Best you could do is use very complex wifi passwords and change them about once a month. Know anyone that does that?

TonyB.

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2012

LMAO that could be either very entertaining or very disturbing!

TonyB.

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2012
    Based on a recommendation from a member here in this thread I went with a small, local company named 3rd Eye Surveillance and Security. They were on time, got my quote together promptly, have very fair and competitive pricing, did a great installation, didn't leave a mess behind and they're pro-2A. I wouldn't think twice about recommending them to anyone looking for a security system or surveillance cameras. They provided me with a system that was similar in price to what I was looking at for DIY but has a ton more features.

Scott Spore
    info@3es2.com
    www.3es2.com
    (443) 994-3539

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    This is what shows up on a GPS unit at random...
    (unit is on windshield... not shopped)

Attachments

• IMG95201501269511562795875.jpg
      IMG95201501269511562795875.jpg
      17 KB · Views: 261

Jarhead FLSTI

Aug 31, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Based on a recommendation from a member here in this thread I went with a small, local company named 3rd Eye Surveillance and Security. They were on time, got my quote together promptly, have very fair and competitive pricing, did a great installation, didn't leave a mess behind and they're pro-2A. I wouldn't think twice about recommending them to anyone looking for a security system or surveillance cameras. They provided me with a system that was similar in price to what I was looking at for DIY but has a ton more features.

Scott Spore
    info@3es2.com
    www.3es2.com
    (443) 994-3539

I've met Scott a few times and he's definitely the guy I wish I had gone with. I know I'll use him if I upgrade my security system in the near future. Hopefully I'll be out of this god-forsaken state before it's time for an upgrade.

ezracer

Certified Gun Nut
    Jul 27, 2012
    Behind enemy lines...
    I also had 3rd Eye Surveillance do an install for me several years ago. All cameras are hard wired...no wi-fi. They did a good job. The owner is pro 2A
    and frequently has a display at the Timonium Gun Shows. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Wireless can always be hacked. It is just a matter of time. You can make it take a long time, but not completely prevent it. Best you could do is use very complex wifi passwords and change them about once a month. Know anyone that does that?

Password1
    Password2
    Password3

TylerFirearms

, , Class-7 FFL, MRFD
    Industry Partner
    Dec 27, 2013
    Halethorpe, MD

Scott Spore
    info@3es2.com
    www.3es2.com
    (443) 994-3539

+1 for 3rd Eye. They take care of our alarm and cameras for the store. Scott is A++++ in my book!! He's always there when I need him (which is not that often).

They just moved in two suites down from us in suite 3A. They're just moving in, but when they get up and running, stop by and see Scott or Steve. They'll hook you up with all the cool toys...LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom