How long are 5320.20 (transport/address change) forms taking to process?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    This is not correct. I used that exact language and my 20 was approved last month. It only took 4 weeks door to door.
    You got lucky, my comment is correct and his disapproval is evidence of this.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    Your comment is not correct in all cases, clearly. Just wanted others to be aware of a conflicting experience.
    Eg6M1zs.jpg

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    Your comment is not correct in all cases, clearly. Just wanted others to be aware of a conflicting experience.
    I'm trying to save people time, and not have them think that they might get approved. Especially since these forms are taking longer and longer to come back. Just because you got lucky doesn't invalidate my statement as you claimed. "Your comment is not correct" that was a bad choice of words since my comment is actually correct.

Semper Noctem

Desk Rabbit
    Aug 9, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    I'm trying to save people time, and not have them think that they might get approved. Especially since these forms are taking longer and longer to come back. Just because you got lucky doesn't invalidate my statement as you claimed. "Your comment is not correct" that was a bad choice of words since my comment is actually correct.

Perhaps I chose the wrong words, however you were not correct in my case. I am not advocating one way or another. I was just acknowledging the fact that I used the language you indicated as being the reason for disapproval and had no issue.

Didn't mean to start a dick waving competition. Sorry to derail the thread.

Back on topic - my recent 20 took 4 weeks to get back approved. I hear they are taking a bit longer lately.

Semper Noctem

Desk Rabbit
    Aug 9, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Also interesting to note that the picture you grabbed from Northeast Shooters isn't on BATFE letterhead.

One would expect official government correspondence to be on letter head.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    Perhaps I chose the wrong words, however you were not correct in my case. I am not advocating one way or another. I was just acknowledging the fact that I used the language you indicated as being the reason for disapproval and had no issue.

Didn't mean to start a dick waving competition. Sorry to derail the thread.

Back on topic - my recent 20 took 4 weeks to get back approved. I hear they are taking a bit longer lately.
    Copy that, I promise to keep my man parts to myself :D

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    I think this particular issue may be more reviewer-dependent than policy-based

Attachments

• Form 5320.20 Approved.jpg
      Form 5320.20 Approved.jpg
      95.1 KB · Views: 480
    • Form 5320.20 Approved 2016.jpg
      Form 5320.20 Approved 2016.jpg
      117.4 KB · Views: 490

sundaeman

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 16, 2008
    I'd agree. Received approved forms for 4 different states with a ";any XX location" after the address about 10 days ago.

bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    Definitely not where you are!
    Same here. I even talked to Terry because the NFRTR had my Cobray M11 mistakingly under my full name and not my trust name. I had to send him a copy of my approved Form 4. I know, ridiculous and a little spooky.

My approved Form 20's that recently came back also had the verbage "any location within state".

Fred... you cannot submit a Form 20 without all three rows filled out. It's un-American! Get that fixed ;)

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    Fred... you cannot submit a Form 20 without all three rows filled out. It's un-American! Get that fixed ;)

Working on it.:)

I forgot to mention that the serial number on the rejected 5320.20 got truncated by the PDF form box, so ATF was unable to read it. And that's what initially prompted them to ask me to re-submit the form. I 'spect that had there not been a problem with the serial, the form, like all the previous ones they approved that included the "any locations within state", would've been approved. But I could be wrong. I'll see what happens with the next one.

fleaman64

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2011
    Sorry for the OPs predicament. It's a real bummer.

This is one of the reasons not to own SBRs, SBSs and FA. Supressors don't have this requirement.

d_c

Jul 7, 2009
    Texas
    I think this particular issue may be more reviewer-dependent than policy-based

Except that I was disapproved for that reason by the same reviewer who approved yours (Terry). Bizarre, best I can guess is that they sometimes miss it.

ETA: I just got my 20s back in about 5 weeks time from date I mailed then in.

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    I just rang ATF to find that the last 5320.20 I submitted (on 28 Jan) was approved/mailed 25 Feb. They rang me on 17 Feb due to the PDF print-out had truncated the last coupla digits of the serial number and I emailed a corrected scan same day. Not sure why I haven't yet received the form back yet, but they said "it's in the mail". So, all told, including serial number issue/correction, ~five weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom