• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Was a common practice during the Revolver Era .

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I have seen a lot of anecdotes of Model 13s marked "Maryland State Police" floating around. Since Model 13s were FBI and other LEO guns at the time, this would make sense. I have seen model 13s from engraved with insignias from other state/town agencies floating around gun broker.

NYSP model 520 is the identical gun (Model 13 made for NYSP), but these go for a premium to regular model 13s. I also spied a Model 13 with FBI engraving on Gunbroker, but I did not pick it up. I almost wish I had. I don't know that I'd pick up a MDSP Model 13. To much bad blood from this state. You cannot carry it in this state as things stand now, which would irritate me even more.

TheRealJimDavis

Jan 28, 2013
    The Burnie
    I definitely want one with MSP on the backstrap, and have kicked myself in the tail ever since. Anyone who has one, feel free to PM me. I'm sure I'll get hosed on that deal.

Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    I can't speak for the whole agency but I have a MSP marked 92F. My friend was in a special unit at MSP so they may have gotten different guns then the patrol Troopers? When he retired the agency offered to sell their duty weapons to them. He bought and then sold it to me (too many memories I guess). I never shot it as it's grip is too big for my hands. Chris

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    I have a copy of the MSP testing procedures and test comments from when they conducted their test for transitioning to a self-loading pistol...the standard issue revolver was the control. I'm out of town until next week so I can't refer to it, but there something like four or five pistols tested...one .45 ACP pistol and the rest 9mm.

If I remember correctly, the Beretta did not place highest or even second highest in the tests. The primary reason the Beretta was selected for issue was that it was made in Maryland and the state requires state government agencies to buy from businesses within the state if any exist that meet requirements.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    What's wrong with a 96? Always liked them but never owned one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Problematic as crap. Nothing like the 92's which were uber-reliable. And lousy QA/QC. My agency had them too. Even received one .40 caliber 96 with a 9mm barrel. They were the best salesmen Sig ever had. We spent over $500k to move to 229's after having them.

And yes, I did just notice I responded to a two year old post. :)

TheRealJimDavis

Jan 28, 2013
    The Burnie
    Chris, is your 92 MSP marked? I thought they stopped that after the revolvers.

MexicanBob, That's correct, the manufactured in MD was a huge factor for the berettas... hence the px4 Fiasco.

Zoostation, My 96D worked always. Always. That being said, it's trigger was horrific and it hung up in two different places, and it was issued to me used... and rusty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom