• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • awptickes

Jun 26, 2011
    N. Of Perryville
    can you purchase c&r handgun and regulated handgun (w/ 7 day wait) in the same week?

Your C&R activities are all carried out under your 03FFL.

Your non-C&R activities are all carried out as a private individual.

Only individuals have the 7-day wait. Maryland doesn't think FFLs are people, yet.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Earlier posts had a comment that stated, "Why don't you have a C & R license yet?"

Didn't have a good answer so I'm sending in for one this week........:D

jmcisc

Sep 18, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    While I have been a member for a while this is my first post.

Thanks for a very enlightening thread on C & R requirements and regulations.

I just filed to get my C & R and found the information very helpful (Thanks, Coinboy).
    I reside in Florida and have come up to Maryland for a few months for the past 2 years.
    I have a Florida CCW.

A question I have is, should I consider getting a Maryland Collector's License, or would I even have any need (or qualify) for one?

Thanks.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    While I have been a member for a while this is my first post.

Thanks for a very enlightening thread on C & R requirements and regulations.

I just filed to get my C & R and found the information very helpful (Thanks, Coinboy).
    I reside in Florida and have come up to Maryland for a few months for the past 2 years.
    I have a Florida CCW.

A question I have is, should I consider getting a Maryland Collector's License, or would I even have any need (or qualify) for one?

Thanks.

The Maryland Designated Collector" status is a MARYLAND status that allows a person to purchase more than one "regulated firearm" (Handguns or "Assault Rifles") in a month within the state of Maryland. You can ask a local dealer for the form or download it from the MSP site. It needs only to be notarized and mailed to the Maryland State Police. You should receive the status in about a month.

Also, just to update my recent experience with my new C & R license, the following online retailers got back to me within 2 business days after I emailed them a signed copy of my license to let me know that that they have it on file now and I'm free to order at will, no probs. Nice to see that!

-AIM
    -Allan's Armory
    -Centerfire systems
    -Czechpoint
    -Empire Arms
    -Fulton Armory
    -Brownells (for the C & R discount)

Fredneck

Nov 23, 2011
    Also, just to update my recent experience with my new C & R license, the following online retailers got back to me within 2 business days after I emailed them a signed copy of my license to let me know that that they have it on file now and I'm free to order at will, no probs. Nice to see that!

-AIM
    -Allan's Armory
    -Centerfire systems
    -Czechpoint
    -Empire Arms
    -Fulton Armory
    -Brownells (for the C & R discount)

Did you encounter any companies that will not accept emailed scans of the signed FFL03?

6pack

MSI BOD Member
    Apr 2, 2012
    Eldersburg, MD
    I just got my application from the Feds. It's four pages bound together like it would be a carbon copy set, but page 1 and 3 are the same and page 2 and 4 are the same. Are you suppossed to separate the four sheets (or two sets) before filling them out? I know this is really basic, but I don't want to start filling it our wrong and then have to order a second one.
    Thanks, and thanks for all the great info in this thread, expecially from Coinboy!
    Paul

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I just got my application from the Feds. It's four pages bound together like it would be a carbon copy set, but page 1 and 3 are the same and page 2 and 4 are the same. Are you suppossed to separate the four sheets (or two sets) before filling them out? I know this is really basic, but I don't want to start filling it our wrong and then have to order a second one.
    Thanks, and thanks for all the great info in this thread, expecially from Coinboy!
    Paul

One set goes back to the ATF the other set gets sent to your CLEO. The set with the CLEO should have less entries iirc. Also, they should be labeled which is which. Check the footer on each page.

6pack

MSI BOD Member
    Apr 2, 2012
    Eldersburg, MD
    Thanks K31. Which sheets go where is listed on there. I just wanted to see if it was okay to pull it all apart or if how you fill it out somehow gets you denied. :sad20:

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Thanks K31. Which sheets go where is listed on there. I just wanted to see if it was okay to pull it all apart or if how you fill it out somehow gets you denied. :sad20:

DENIED

Reason: Poor penmanship.

6pack

MSI BOD Member
    Apr 2, 2012
    Eldersburg, MD
    When I looked more closley at it pages 1 & 2 are together and 3 & 4 are together, the pair are only loosely together and easily pulled apart. So it's all filled out and went into the mail yesterday. I wonder if I'll get the C&R permit before my MD CCW permit...

matt_yamaha_guy_450

Jun 25, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    Hi everyone! So after reading through all of the information I think my questions have gotten answered and if someone could correct me if i am wrong...

-can i have both my c&r license as well as the regulated firearms collector status at the same time?
    -with the c&r license i can only buy c&r weapons out of state not modern day regulated weapons.. lets say from pa?
    -after ordering the weapons i want i need to keep a log of all the important info about them, do i need to do anything else to stay out of trouble?
    -can i buy more then one c&r gun without having the regulated firearm collector status?

J-Dog

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2012
    I just ordered my forms. Looking forward to collecting some neat old rifles.

This might be a dumb question, but if I do not plan on conducting "business" meaning I don't plan on selling any C&R firearms that I purchase, do I still need to keep a bound book? Or is that only for people using their C&R for business?

If I have to log everything, say I use my C&R to buy a Mosin Nagant, do I have to log any ammunition that I get for it? Do I have to log how much of it I've used?

These questions might have been answered somewhere in the thread already but it wasn't 100% clear to me in the OP and I haven't seen the answers after skimming through the thread. Thanks.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    I just ordered my forms. Looking forward to collecting some neat old rifles.

This might be a dumb question, but if I do not plan on conducting "business" meaning I don't plan on selling any C&R firearms that I purchase, do I still need to keep a bound book? Or is that only for people using their C&R for business?

If I have to log everything, say I use my C&R to buy a Mosin Nagant, do I have to log any ammunition that I get for it? Do I have to log how much of it I've used?

These questions might have been answered somewhere in the thread already but it wasn't 100% clear to me in the OP and I haven't seen the answers after skimming through the thread. Thanks.
    You can't use the C&R as a business. That would be a de facto FFL01 and bad news. Yes, you do need to log in all gun purchases but nothing in re ammo.

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    (1) You cannot, repeat CANNOT, conduct a firearms business with just a C&R. A few sales here and there from your collection is OK (e.g., if your collecting focus changes), but any systematic sales will get the Fed's notice. You don't want that.

(2) You must keep a bound book, which you use to record every C&R acquisition and C&R sale you make. You are licensed. Some folks refer to "using their license", but I think they're misinterpreting the requirements for maintaining a bound book.

(3) You do not record ammunition acquisitions into your bound book. There's no Federal requirement to keep such a record, nor any MD requirement either.

Bryan

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom