Unregister from MMCC (Medical Cannabis Commission)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    So do the feds have access to this medical data?

I'm not trying to bug you Inigoes, just curious about all this .gov control going on

Not the way I understand it. They wait until a person screws up by getting arrested, failing a urine analysis, or presenting their medical marijuana card. Then the feds throw the book at em.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    BATFE guidance: if someone has a medical marijuana card that is proof enough of them being a prohibited person.

I sat in a seminar around 2013 and the agent from the BATFE, who told all of us FFLs (03 counted) and the MSP licensing division exactly that.

You mean an active one.

Anyone know where the 1 yr guidance came from?

The CCW app may not ask about MMC, but its implied on the federal 4473, so one really should not have guns period with an active MMC

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    Fascinating thread. Particularly when I think about the wheelbarrows of that shit smoked just last week alone, by the various chimps and fruits and wingbats - and their equally incompetent staffers - within the MD Genl Assembly ...

guns and ghanja FOR ME, but NOT FOR THEE!” ... a fitting engraved message in the concrete over the entrance to the MD Genl Assembly ...

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    I am finding it a little difficult to believe there would be prosecution for being in possession of a firearm on day 349 after mmc expiration.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The W&C application includes a waiver for your medical records, and in your interview you Will be asked about all your prescriptions .

And for MM Train , be advised you are not just blocked from 77R , but presently you are Prohibited from possessing Firearms period .

Added - Be careful about asking MSP, that could easily be construed as a confession of illegal firearm possession , perhaps use a lawyer or other 3rd party cut out if you are determined to inquire .

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    The W&C application includes a waiver for your medical records, and in your interview you Will be asked about all your prescriptions .

And for MM Train , be advised you are not just blocked from 77R , but presently you are Prohibited from possessing Firearms period .

Added - Be careful about asking MSP, that could easily be construed as a confession of illegal firearm possession , perhaps use a lawyer or other 3rd party cut out if you are determined to inquire .
    Yup.
    I have finally met all the requirements and classes for a carry permit and find it best not to even apply. Nothing to hide/never an mmc.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Hello: I just joined MD Shooters and was looking to ask nearly this same question after much research tonight. I am an elite-level competitive shooter with 40 years of experience and was training with Team USA for the Beijing Games. I am also currently wanting to make a handgun purchase and ran into this new wording on the MSP form (77R) that would exclude me, so I stopped the form until I could remove my MMCC card from the state database. I emailed the MMCC with this request since there's no way to do it online through my account. This is the relatively new language in the MSP Form 77R: "Are you a legal user of cannabis (marijuana) for medical purposes or are you issued a valid medical cannabis patient identification number or a valid medical cannabis patient identification card?" It ONLY mentions present tense, not a day before or a day (or year) afterward. This ONLY asks about the current state of things, as it asks, "ARE YOU...""-- not were you or will you be. It's also apparently illegal for the state to actually contact the MMCC and inquire as it's protected under HIPAA. But the Form 77R asking this would make it a crime to answer dishonestly, which I would not do. I've contacted the MMCC to expedite surrender of my card (I was only seeking non-psychoactive CBD anyway, which is now federally legal -again- under the revised 2018 Farm Bill, up to 0.3% THC by volume). What bothers me also is that the MSP form for W&C only says this: "Is not presently an alcoholic, addict, or habitual user of a controlled dangerous substance unless under legitimate medical direction." So with a medical cannabis card I could W&C but not purchase?? It's unfortunate that legit patients cannot also be legit gun owners, although I feel strongly nobody should ever handle a firearm impaired in any way. Hope this may help someone out there, and hopefully I'll be able to nix this MMCC card quickly so I can go finish my new Glock paperwork to go with my Mini Roni, waiting in the wings.

Nope, you MUST sign away your HIPPA rights to apply to purchase a handgun in MD

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    When MMC first became available in MD. this site discussed ad nauseum the reasons for NOT getting one. All the legal reasons were laid out, the moral one's are of no matter in the legal system.
    I have chronic, daily/nightly pain from a motorcycle accident and the complications of the multiple surgeries required. I chose not to go the MMC or narcotics route for gun ownership reasons. This thread is proof why getting involved in the MMC program can bite one in the ass, at least for the foreseeable future.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Which is unconstitutional IMO. Has this requirement ever been tested in a court of law?

Nope. I doubt it ever will be. Anyone with enough money to make such a challenge would probably be just as happy to move out of state.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    So much retardation it's mind boggling....

Meanwhile, Americas favorite recreational drug of choice (Alcohol) is DOWN for the second consecutive year. Good news is the older folks are now dying off and this insane/irrational fear of weed is going with them. More and more people are realizing they've been lied to,... and are starting to understand why this was such an important lie for our government to perpetuate for $o long.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County

Meanwhile, Americas favorite recreational drug of choice (Alcohol) is DOWN for the second consecutive year. Good news is the older folks are now dying off and this insane/irrational fear of weed is going with them. More and more people are realizing they've been lied to,... and are starting to understand why this was such an important lie for our government to perpetuate for $o long.

Wow.

Wow.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member

I don’t dispute that there may be many important and beneficial uses of cannabis related products, but let’s get real ... This drug has not been the subject of many long-term studies and what’s out there suggests a significant link between use and serious mental health disorders, particularly in teens.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/health-47609849

https://www.drugabuse.gov/publicati...k-between-marijuana-use-psychiatric-disorders

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2019/02/190213172307.htm

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I'll be concerned with the lack of long term studies (that out government has repeatedly refused to fund) when we admit the already glaring fact that alcohol kills tens of thousands a year........ every year.

Perfectly legal, advertised everywhere, accepted by all, America's favorite past time.

Till then, I'll stick with the fact that all the pushback on weed is compete bullschit.

Follow the money.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    That’s the MSP’s position but it’s ********. Section 13-3313(a) of the Health General Article provides that a qualifying patient shall “not be denied any right or privilege for the medical use or possession of medical cannabis.”

Federal law disagrees

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Because it is illegal under Federal Law for such persons to be in possession of firearms .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom