• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Trump shows appetite for gun control if only to feed his ego as the "guy who got it done" while all others failed.

Sounds to me more like he's interested in defanging the gun grabbers before the upcoming election, depriving them of a relentless talking point that could very well cost us legislative seats, and even HIS seat, followed by SCOTUS seats and the end of everything we find important.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I have been expecting that for a while now, if not on the federal level, the Maryland level. I at least hope there is a carve out for in family transfers.

There is in the federal UBC and it’s actually a reasonably generous definition of family. My issue is there are zero exceptions except imminent danger for loans. Which means my buddy wants to borrow a rifle for hunting, unless he is within range to be under my control, we get to go get a background check so he can borrow it while we are hunting. Or if I go hunting and want to borrow the outfitters rifle...not gonna happen.

I don’t want this crap to pass, but if it does it needs a broader exception for temporary loans.

On a state level I see MD shoving through that long gun licensing bill. At the very least UBC, but they’ll probably just expand the HQL to be a gun qualification license and no more private sales (the LGQL bill had a VERY narrow definition of family. Spouse, siblings, kids, parents, grand parents and grand kids. I think that was it. Federal covered cousins, aunts and uncles, step children and step parents. I think step siblings and in-laws).

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Lets negotiate all mags > 20 rounds in exchange for delisitng suppressors from NFA1934.

Nope. The suppressor infringement is already irrational. Agreeing to a cap on mag capacity is like saying there is a specific, lower round count that is rational and will stop murderers from murdering. Because that's a completely false notion, it's trap to negotiate based on it. Plus, I like 30 and greater, or at least the option. We need to approach the NFA/suppressor issue from another angle.

Last edited:

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    I have to post this pic again, Does Glock believe High cpapcity to be 10? From Glocks euro website I believe.
    attachment.php

HaveBlue

HaveBlue
    Dec 4, 2014
    Virginia
    Lets negotiate all mags > 20 rounds in exchange for delisitng suppressors from NFA1934.

Heads I win, tails you lose. We do need to approach this stuff from a different angle. What do you think of these?

If SBRs are supposedly bad because they make guns lighter and more maneuverable, suppressors should be deregulated because they make guns heavier and less maneuverable.

Quieter guns are better for the environment. Loud firearm reports disturb the mating habits of certain species of spotted owls. Therefore suppressors protect the environment.

Subsonic rounds are slower than pellets from a modern pellet gun.

SBRs make us safer because shorter barrels mean slower bullets. Slower bullets mean they are obviously less lethal.

If 30 round mags are bad, Machine guns are the answer. Machine guns require the shooter to reload more often thereby giving victims a chance to move in with staplers during the more frequent reloads. Particularly the 3 round burst variety. Those rifles turn a 30 round magazine into a 10 shot magazine. I would be hard pressed to explain how a three round burst is tactically superior to buckshot from a completely unregulated shotgun.

They have no interest in safety or saving anyone. There is a lot of low hanging fruit for that. They need a lot of sympathetic victims and do everything they can to maximize their number. They really only care about taking guns from everyone who disagrees with them.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Heads I win, tails you lose. We do need to approach this stuff from a different angle. What do you think of these?

If SBRs are supposedly bad because they make guns lighter and more maneuverable, suppressors should be deregulated because they make guns heavier and less maneuverable.

Quieter guns are better for the environment. Loud firearm reports disturb the mating habits of certain species of spotted owls. Therefore suppressors protect the environment.

Subsonic rounds are slower than pellets from a modern pellet gun.

SBRs make us safer because shorter barrels mean slower bullets. Slower bullets mean they are obviously less lethal.

If 30 round mags are bad, Machine guns are the answer. Machine guns require the shooter to reload more often thereby giving victims a chance to move in with staplers during the more frequent reloads. Particularly the 3 round burst variety. Those rifles turn a 30 round magazine into a 10 shot magazine. I would be hard pressed to explain how a three round burst is tactically superior to buckshot from a completely unregulated shotgun.

They have no interest in safety or saving anyone. There is a lot of low hanging fruit for that. They need a lot of sympathetic victims and do everything they can to maximize their number. They really only care about taking guns from everyone who disagrees with them.

100 round mags are safer than 10 round mags because harder to conceal.

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    Well, when the regular Glock 43 holds 6 rounds as its "standard" capacity, I am guessing that 10 rounds in the 43X would be "high" capacity.

They are speaking in comparison to other handguns of similar size that are also single stack. Each one has it's own standard capacity, 6 for the 43, and 10 for the 43x. It's just marketing jargon. Bad jargon in my opinion but it's just marketing.

OverTheTop

Mar 1, 2017
    Baltimore City
    I'm not overly worried about a national magazine ban or even AWB... but I fear that a prohibition on private sales is a real possibility.

This concerns me as well, because even Trump has floated the idea of requiring BC's for private sales. I know the alternative is worse, but Trump is really burning my good will with this BS.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    This concerns me as well, because even Trump has floated the idea of requiring BC's for private sales. I know the alternative is worse, but Trump is really burning my good will with this BS.

Well, I guess he could do nothing, and face a Dem platform and 24x7 Soccer Mom News Network inundation of "Trump caves to the NRA and hates your children" ads run by Warren et al, and dump millions of votes in her camp making the end result fantastically worse immediately, and even more dire later when she gets to name SCOTUS justices. But at least then Trump wouldn't be annoying, right?

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    I see many people here against background checks for private sales, yet almost everyone who sells a firearm in the classifieds here wants to meet at a MSP Barracks, get a phone number, address, etc etc which you probably use to do a Maryland case search yourself anyways. If you truly believe that there is no “Centralized firearm registry system” in the US, then the govt isn’t going to know what rifles and shotguns you have if you buy them through private sales or at a FFL, right? I personally believe that there already is a registry system and has been for years...it’s just not completely centralized yet. I have no problem going through a quick NICS background check for any gun I buy. I don’t like having to cough up a fee for it though.
    IF there’s not a firearms registry in place, then what would stop a private sale anyways? How would anyone know that Jack sold a rifle to Jim privately unless someone broadcast it all over, posted pics, or sent texts/messages on cell phones. Private sales should be like sex...kept PRIVATE. Obviously criminals sale privately to each other all of the time. Smart Phones and social media are the biggest downfalls. I’m not advocating doing ANYTHING illegally or against the law, just pointing out the obvious.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    I see many people here against background checks for private sales, yet almost everyone who sells a firearm in the classifieds here wants to meet at a MSP Barracks, get a phone number, address, etc etc which you probably use to do a Maryland case search yourself anyways. If you truly believe that there is no “Centralized firearm registry system” in the US, then the govt isn’t going to know what rifles and shotguns you have if you buy them through private sales or at a FFL, right? I personally believe that there already is a registry system and has been for years...it’s just not completely centralized yet. I have no problem going through a quick NICS background check for any gun I buy. I don’t like having to cough up a fee for it though.
    IF there’s not a firearms registry in place, then what would stop a private sale anyways? How would anyone know that Jack sold a rifle to Jim privately unless someone broadcast it all over, posted pics, or sent texts/messages on cell phones. Private sales should be like sex...kept PRIVATE. Obviously criminals sale privately to each other all of the time. Smart Phones and social media are the biggest downfalls. I’m not advocating doing ANYTHING illegally or against the law, just pointing out the obvious.

Lol

Attachments

• 5AD82328-EEAA-4531-9A62-DB704472A59E.jpeg
      5AD82328-EEAA-4531-9A62-DB704472A59E.jpeg
      26.4 KB · Views: 151

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04