• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    The older I get, the less I fear the repercussions of non-compliance.

This x 100! I've served my country, and in doing so took an oath to defend the constitution. I never un-took that oath...the left and right can go back and forth all they want about what they think about what citizens can have. I'm keeping my guns and buying more of what I can.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    I bought my first handgun after VT because I decided that I would never be someone’s victim and would at least go down fighting. If they think that gun owners are going down without a fight they are sadly mistaken.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    I have given this a lot of thought and often wonder how confiscation would be implemented. Would it be the individual versus a swat team?

i just don't see 'them' coming (in)to our homes and taking our guns. but if banned, most of us won't be taking them out to the range, hunting, competitions, etc so that we don't get discovered and jailed.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    The older I get, the less I fear the repercussions of non-compliance.

I’m with you. I checked my life insurance policy, and there is no exemption for “freedom fighter”. My family will be well taken care of.

LeadSled1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2009
    MD
    Let's not use the anti-gunners terms for this. It's not "mandatory buyback", it's "compensated seizure".

FWIW, I don't think MD is anywhere close to eliminating grandfathering on guns, or even mags. They couldn't even ban "ghost guns" without grandfathering, which, in retrospect, was a pretty impressive victory for our side.

I would even say “partially compensated seizure”. No way in hell they would be offering anywhere near real value, probably 10% to 20% at most.

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    I hope all of us have the same resolve as you have when push comes to shove. I have given this a lot of thought and often wonder how confiscation would be implemented. Would it be the individual versus a swat team?

Yes. One red flag at a time.

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    Funny how they do not mention the AR 10 or 300 in wanting to get assault off the streets... hmm

shhhhh Don't give them any ideas

The strategy is to keep enthusiasts and the hunting community in separate camps and therefore less political ability. .223 is less commonly used for hunting than the .308. If they ban the AR10 they have to regulate the 308 which puts hunters and firearms enthusiasts in the same camp.

Last edited:

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I'll be very surprised if they do actual buybacks. When it actually comes down to it, I think the hardcore left will have a shitfit over taxpayer money being used to buyback guns when their are other social ills going on.

Imagine the campaign "Annapolis wants to spend 200 million dollars to buyback guns while Baltimore city schools can't afford heat."

They won’t give a damn about money. They don’t care about schools and you can be damn sure they won’t care about spending taxpayer dollars (if they have to) to ban/buy back your legally acquired and owned property. They simply don’t care.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Lets see what the dinks in Annapolis offer. One can always turn in the lower; the upper is where all the, er action is. Another option is to convert to bolt action for about 82 bucks ( https://www.guns.com/news/2019/02/05/kali-key-converts-gas-operated-ar-15-into-bolt-action-rifle ) and then see what the grabbers suggest.

No, none of the above. Not turning in anything. Not converting to bolt action to make the unconstitutional overlords happy. F them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom