• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016
    What do you propose? That they leave the guns at home and arrest the respondent until a court determines that he’s not a threat? Then you’d be crying about how that violated his rights. Seems to me that securing the guns for a short period of time is the much better alternative. Take “over ma dead body” away from the equation for a minute. I don’t see how any rational member of a civilized society can say that separating a potentially crazy and dangerous person from guns until a court can figure out whether he’s a danger is a bad thing. I just don’t get it.

Find me any scenario where a person is so dangerous that the Bill of Rights does not apply to them but they are OK to keep free with complete access to gas stations, hardware stores, and box truck rental facilities. Taking guns away is a minor inconvenience to someone hell bent on a terror attack. But it is OK we can have the pre crimes division punish you for no reason. And good luck getting your heirlooms and expensive property back in one piece without any abuse.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I don’t see how any rational member of a civilized society can say that separating a potentially crazy and dangerous person from guns until a court can figure out whether he’s a danger is a bad thing. I just don’t get it.

You are a statist. I can't figure out how anyone who values freedom can think this is a good thing. If you don't have the evidence to lock the person up, you don't have the evidence to suspend their civil rights.

I also can't figure out how any rational person thinks this will deter a person who is homicidal. You arrest the guns and leave the weapon free to kill.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    You are a statist. I can't figure out how anyone who values freedom can think this is a good thing. If you don't have the evidence to lock the person up, you don't have the evidence to suspend their civil rights.

I also can't figure out how any rational person thinks this will deter a person who is homicidal. You arrest the guns and leave the weapon free to kill.

Stop making sense

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD

:thumbsup:

Excellent post, but especially the suspension of civil rights and leaving the weapon free to kill.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    If in jail w/no bail guns are still removed from residents of his home even if in a safe. Haha do they think a judge is going to set him free given the current atmosphere and county he is in? Common sense gun laws.
    Antis got them self a great tool in this law.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan

Very Well said. :thumbsup::patriot:

OMCHamlin

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    May 17, 2017
    The Cumberland Plateau
    Rest easy, subjects of Maryland, you can be certain this is exactly what the red flag law proponents envisioned when they created this unholy abomination of a law. Thought control or gun control, it's all about control, baby...

Can this happen in Virginia? You bet your butt it can!

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

We're up to our assholes in statist attorneys around here, can't swing a dead cat without hitting one.

:sad20:

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I’m not confusing anything. I am lucid at the moment and know exactly the situation to which this thread relates.

The FBI, was NOT involved in the arrest of the Pasadena resident, nor were they involved in the requesting of the ERPO.

My information comes from a friend on AAPD, where does your information come from?

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    I’m not confusing anything. I am lucid at the moment and know exactly the situation to which this thread relates.

Then go ahead and post up a link to any news story anywhere that states the FBI was involved at all in this.

Because everything I found stated that the AACO PD were the ones who served it.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    For what it's worth, member Ed Hershon and I were chatting up the AACo Chief of Police after the last Task Farce meeting and he told us that he is "a gun guy BUT he supports the red flag law" because it "keeps his officers safe".

And which county in MD has the most ERPO's served?

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    For what it's worth, member Ed Hershon and I were chatting up the AACo Chief of Police after the last Task Farce meeting and he told us that he is "a gun guy BUT he supports the red flag law" because it "keeps his officers safe".

"I'm a gun guy" so long as only police can carry, to keep officers safe obviously. :sarcasm:

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    So the police chief is against due process.
    The Chief of Police is against due process, for some reason that is not sinking in. Confusing.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012

AACO PD has 4 line of duty deaths.
    A car accident, a heart attack, and two by gun shot. The gun shot deaths were in 1905 and 1915 and both by a revolver.

https://www.odmp.org/agency/110-anne-arundel-county-police-department-maryland

Facts > Feelings

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom