• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brent

#2ALivesMatter
    Nov 22, 2013
    Amongst the Deplorables, SC.
    In all the wedding hubbub we totally forgot a group shot but the long and the short is for my groomsmen and my dad and father in law I purchased Cursives with the leather wrapped handle and leather sheath. Also had last names engraved on the back of the blade.

They're real sharp, cut steak easily...

Very nice!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Got pictures of my nearly finished custom Wasteland Short Sword + I made a few tweaks to the standard including lengthening it to 20+" a stacked leather grip and a few other minor items. This should make short work of brush and zombies around the camp. Cant wait to get it and the rest of my order. These guys do a great job with the photos.

Attachments

• IMG20190828122530.jpg
      IMG20190828122530.jpg
      25 KB · Views: 303
    • IMG20190828122026.jpg
      IMG20190828122026.jpg
      21.7 KB · Views: 286
    • IMG20190828122105.jpg
      IMG20190828122105.jpg
      59.6 KB · Views: 308

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    dude!

Got pictures of my nearly finished custom Wasteland Short Sword + I made a few tweaks to the standard including lengthening it to 20+" a stacked leather grip and a few other minor items. This should make short work of brush and zombies around the camp. Cant wait to get it and the rest of my order. These guys do a great job with the photos.

that is beautiful. Damn.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    that is beautiful. Damn.

Cant wait to get it. The custom process has been great so far. Lots of back and forth. This shipment has a cursive, spur and a historical blade as well. But this was my first customer. At 17" their standard Himalayan Short Sword just wasn't long enough.

Brent

#2ALivesMatter
    Nov 22, 2013
    Amongst the Deplorables, SC.

Whoa. Dude that is crazy! I am a huge fan of this!

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    Got pictures of my nearly finished custom Wasteland Short Sword... {snip}

These guys do a great job with the photos.

Artisans that are proud of their work! I bet they enjoy fulfilling the custom orders.

Nice blade, I am envious.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Whoa. Dude that is crazy! I am a huge fan of this!

Andrew and I cooked up the concept. I wanted something with a little more reach than their Himalayan Wasteland and he suggested the stacked leather handle.

gforce

MDS Supporter
    Aug 22, 2018
    In all the wedding hubbub we totally forgot a group shot but the long and the short is for my groomsmen and my dad and father in law I purchased Cursives with the leather wrapped handle and leather sheath. Also had last names engraved on the back of the blade.

They're real sharp, cut steak easily...

That looks great. What are your impressions in general about it? I'm quite interested in ordering one as an every day knife

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    That looks great. What are your impressions in general about it? I'm quite interested in ordering one as an every day knife

Sharp and beefy. It drew through a steak with one pull and left it totally severed.

Very very plain. But I prefer my knives that way.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008

Here is the complete shipment. Should have them tomorrow. Cant wait may be my last purchase unless I can talk these guys into making me a kick-ass set of kitchen knives.

Attachments

• received_972526623078880b.jpg
      received_972526623078880b.jpg
      52.1 KB · Views: 254

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Here is the complete shipment. Should have them tomorrow. Cant wait may be my last purchase unless I can talk these guys into making me a kick-ass set of kitchen knives.

I have a cursive that's just like yours and the khukri on the bottom too.

What's the sword for??

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I have a cursive that's just like yours and the khukri on the bottom too.

What's the sword for??

See post 442 ( https://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.php?p=5648249&postcount=442 ) for their beauty shots. Minor field work and brush clearing of course. Depending on the balance not a bad thing to have around for things that go bump in the night.

How do you like the Khukuri? I didn't have a historical issue and thought I should get one. I do like the balance on my Mk 1 which was one of the first blades I got from these guys.

When you are paying $22 for shipping you tend to like to tag on the smaller blades.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    See post 442 ( https://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.php?p=5648249&postcount=442 ) for their beauty shots. Minor field work and brush clearing of course. Depending on the balance not a bad thing to have around for things that go bump in the night.

How do you like the Khukuri? I didn't have a historical issue and thought I should get one. I do like the balance on my Mk 1 which was one of the first blades I got from these guys.

When you are paying $22 for shipping you tend to like to tag on the smaller blades.

Fit and finish is really nice. Honestly haven't done much of anything with it. Waiting for an opportunity

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom