• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Some of you may or may not have heard of the Black Guns Matter organization. Some local 2A supporters in MD have reached out to the founder, Maj Toure, and are partnering up to make Baltimore their 1st stop on their 7-12 city tour. The organization is a non-partisan movement aimed at firearm safety, education and conflict resolution. A major effort is being made to educate those who do not typically take an interest in their 2A rights or the firearm community. The hope is to launch the tour within a month with an event here in Baltimore. They need our support and encouragement. This is a monumental task, but is made much easier when we all pitch in.

I know we are all beat on almost daily to help fund or support one thing or another.

I propose this, Maryland was the 7th state in the union, so I am suggesting we all donate at least $7. I think this is something most of us won't miss and it will have a huge impact when it is multiplied by the numbers we could involve here at MDShooters.

I will keep an eye on the group and post up when they announce a date/time/place for their Baltimore event. I think it would be a great show of support to spread the word and attend the event.

BLACK GUNS MATTER GO FUND ME

BLACK GUNS MATTER T-SHIRTS

Here are some more links to some articles and info about the group:

http://www.allenbwest.com/michaelcantrell/black-guns-matter-founder-drops-truth-bomb-liberals

http://www.guns.com/2016/07/20/black-guns-matter-the-2nd-amendment-is-colorblind/

http://www.npr.org/2016/06/20/48275...es-on-firearms-education-to-decrease-violence

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10150862110359999&id=5281959999

https://www.nranews.com/series/cam-...episode/cam-and-company-season-12-episode-145

http://www.wbur.org/hereandnow/2016/07/27/gun-rights-philadelphia

Edit: We have great news! We have a date, time and place for the event. See the new thread.

Last edited:

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    The idea is good. The name is horrible IMO. In my mind any name that resembles BLM lends legitimacy to their cause.

hillbilly grandpa

Jan 26, 2013
    Arnold
    We're at a point where grassroots organizing for action is becoming a mission-critical component of our 2A efforts. Allies are where you find them. Does anyone have contact info for Maj Toure?

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    We're at a point where grassroots organizing for action is becoming a mission-critical component of our 2A efforts. Allies are where you find them. Does anyone have contact info for Maj Toure?

Very accessible on FB. He is in touch with local 2A people coordinating things.

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    Sounds like a fine effort to get the 2A message into a neglected and difficult to penetrate demographic.
    Kicked in a few bucks at the GoFundMe and hope to be able to attend the Baltimore event.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I think he needs to reboot and come up with a better name. He's not going to get the support he's looking for, just because of the name.

robmints

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2011
    I think he needs to reboot and come up with a better name. He's not going to get the support he's looking for, just because of the name.

AR Klux Klan is catchy. Maybe he could use that. BLM is dumb, plays on BLM are dumber. I'm out.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I love the idea, just hate the name.

Similarly, I wouldn't support something that legitimized or had any of the words Klu, Klux, or Klan in it. This BLM group are just criminals, period. I am sure they are being tracked as domestic terrorist (I'm not involved and have no information). Police intelligence is light years ahead of where they were, my sense is that why they are not doing more is two fold: first BLM have not yet caused enough damage or terrorized enough people; and two, because politicians are aligning with and legitimizing BLM to some degree. For anyone to somehow think it is ok for any group to attack or encourage criminals to attack the police, or to attack another group of people, this is sickening. Just follow the money, I pray things make a dramatic turn for the better in November.

hillbilly grandpa

Jan 26, 2013
    Arnold
    The name might not appeal--or may be off-putting--to many of the folks on this site. But, then again, we're not the target audience. It will be interesting to see how it plays with that audience.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Anyone interested enough to look into things will find out that the "Black" in Black Guns Matter references the color of most weapons, not the people involved. They do, however, aim to educate the minority and inner city communities, which is where we are pro-2A supporters need the support.

Imagine a Baltimore where its residents are sick of crime and put together their own neighborhood watches and patrols to stem the crime. Or where a mother obtains her wear and carry permit to protect her children to and from school.

Even if this movement does not produce more 2A supporters directly, it can break down the defenses of those who think the only activities a gun is used for are illegal.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    ...Imagine a Baltimore where its residents are sick of crime and put together their own neighborhood watches and patrols to stem the crime. Or where a mother obtains her wear and carry permit to protect her children to and from school.

I'm afraid that Maryland is a long, long way away from that; the efforts of BGM and the like notwithstanding. There is a great deal of work left to do. :sad20:

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Baby steps.

In the ling game we need to gain 2A support from all possible areas. Heck simply nudging anti's to closer to nuetral is a net gain.

hillbilly grandpa

Jan 26, 2013
    Arnold
    It certainly starts with baby steps. And allies where we find them. We need to formulate an action agenda based on specific winnable issues. It starts at the bottom--the grassroots--and builds up from there.

In order to broaden the base of people we can engage in conversation it will be useful if we discuss their personal safety instead of their intellectual framing of their biases regarding 2A. The left has worked very hard at bastardizing this essential part of the US Constitution. It doesn't help that our schools fail miserably at teaching HOW and WHY this amendment was conceived and enacted.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    I think the name is great. It's not going to resonate with people here, but then again, we aren't the target audience.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    So who else is willing to donate the cost of a Happy Meal to a developing organization? Less than the cost of crossing the Susquehanna River on I-95, less than a 6 pack of your favorite brew, less than a Pmag(lol) and less than parking in Annapolis to testify against more restrictive laws!

Imagine being able to recruit more citizens concerned for their own well being and being able to insure their own safety?

I recall on representative getting snippy last session and saying, "Aren't all you people against these bills Republicans?" What would be the result if they were looking at people who looked like them? As sad as it is, this is reality and we cannot stop the fight until we exhaust ourselves. $7 means more to this organization than is means to most of as an individual.

If you cannot donate, please share the info in the original post with your friends and on your social media accounts.

LCPIWB

Needs an avatar
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 17, 2011
    Underneath the blimp, Md.
    It is a little late, but from the youtube videos of him, it seems I can get behind his efforts. Need to read up on him a little more.
    Know when they are planning on hitting Baltimore?

EDIT:
    Would like to state my stance one felons owning guns. Either you are too dangerous to be on the streets, or you a free man in my opinion.

hillbilly grandpa

Jan 26, 2013
    Arnold
    Their target is for a Baltimore event within the next four weeks. A big area of need is contacts with people/business/organizations who can make a facility capable of 50-75 people for a 2.5 hour session. Any referrals, especially with contact info? If so, PM me. Maj Toure comes off as a straight shooter. If this effort succeeds we will have a significant new partner in the way forward. This constituency has accountability access to a significant number of the people in Annapolis who vote to eviscerate our basic freedoms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom