• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheDevilHimself

, Duffy's Gun Room
    Industry Partner
    Jul 15, 2011
    Sparks, MD
    They're currently being cleaned and priced. We received a full crate of 1920s era Izhevsk ex-Dragoon Hex receiver Mosin Nagant rifles, all with accessories and matching bayonets. Most seem to be in the 1925-1928 range, but there are some earlier ones too.
    The empty crate has already been claimed

hex.jpg

TheDevilHimself

, Duffy's Gun Room
    Industry Partner
    Jul 15, 2011
    Sparks, MD
    What's the deal with the crate? This feels like an inside joke but I am missing it...

No joke. Every time we post that we've received a crate, there's inevitably a deluge of posts, phone calls and emails inquiring if the empty crate is available for sale. People like to make coffee tables out of them.
    Teratos missed the last crate, so he was first in line for this one.
    I was just preemptively letting everyone know that the crate was spoken for.

highli99

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2015
    West Side
    No joke. Every time we post that we've received a crate, there's inevitably a deluge of posts, phone calls and emails inquiring if the empty crate is available for sale. People like to make coffee tables out of them.
    Teratos missed the last crate, so he was first in line for this one.
    I was just preemptively letting everyone know that the crate was spoken for.

Go figure! I thought the Mosins were popular but who knew the crates were more so.

Thanks for sharing. I'd love to pick up a hex Mosin but I've already spent my gun budget this month.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Go figure! I thought the Mosins were popular but who knew the crates were more so.

Thanks for sharing. I'd love to pick up a hex Mosin but I've already spent my gun budget this month.

I guess there's 20x more Mosins than there are crates. I wanted to make a sweet coffee table with some mosins in it but the spousal unit put her foot down :rolleyes:

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I am guessing those rifles, being all hex izzies, were handpicked and set aside by the importer (or a collector assembled the crate). I doubt the Russians packed it that way. If they did there should be an inventory sheet in there with the rifles listed by Russian serial number. Also, the Russians might have left some of Hillary's e-mails in there too.

TheDevilHimself

, Duffy's Gun Room
    Industry Partner
    Jul 15, 2011
    Sparks, MD
    I am guessing those rifles, being all hex izzies, were handpicked and set aside by the importer (or a collector assembled the crate). I doubt the Russians packed it that way. If they did there should be an inventory sheet in there with the rifles listed by Russian serial number. Also, the Russians might have left some of Hillary's e-mails in there too.

I have the Russian packing sheet, which lists all 1920s rifles, but does not accurately reflect the contents of the crate.

list.jpg

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    What's the deal with the crate? This feels like an inside joke but I am missing it...
    lol. Picked it up today! Can't wait to finish my new coffee table. Hope to see the fellows at Duffy's to do some paperwork soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom