• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    Hmm, I just visited there a week and a half ago, bought a holster from him and some mags. I asked one of the older guys at the counter if he knew of MDshooters, and he had no idea of our community. Maybe he just worked there though and wasn't "Big Dog"

Probably the same guy who blew me off when I asked about getting a rifle they had for sale, shipped to a Md. FFL, so I could buy it..

chooks9

Bear with Arms
    Jan 3, 2013
    Abingdon
    Gonna throw it out there, might get yelled at but whatever.

Like the range a lot but last two times I was in there I started to sense that whole arrogant gun shop crap starting.

Won't give prices over the phone, people being talked to like morons over the phone and over the counter.

After they held my lower for 104 days during the pre-Oct '13 madness and then suddenly realized they could let guns go on the 8th day right as the ban was about to take affect I really got disillusioned with them.

Never like losing an IP and overall the shop is pretty good, though. Love the range.

THIS. I really liked this place, but I get the same feeling there as I did at Horst and McCann, only not as bad.

Yingpin

Ultimate Member
    May 31, 2013
    Kingsville, MD
    I don't know. They have always been pretty good to me. I was an annual member, picked up a Springfield RO 1911 from them, participated in the Zombie shoot, Utah CCW class, love the Big Boomers shoots and the .308 Thursday, No bitching about rapid fire on the range, pool table........

I am sure they have off days as we all do and with all of the frustrations that MD provides them it probably gets cumbersome. Good people in my book.

Now.....if they can only cool the range down :fingerscrossed:

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    You could have purchased it there, in person.

Surely could have, but it was/IS 100% not worth the gas and time of a 6 hour round trip, for a "good, but not great" price. Especially if I'd be choosing to deal with a guy who acted like he'd be doing me a favor to take my hard earned money...Maybe he was having a bad day? I don't know or care, but I spend way too much money on/in this lifestyle to have someone treat me like a chump, and still expect to get any of my money...Just the way I feel about. :sad20:

As luck would have it, I was able to buy the same exact rifle from 2A, a week later, for the same good price, and they treated me like they actually appreciated my business. A complete 180 degree turn from the other place. :thumbsup:

First impressions mean a LOT...whether they're good or bad ones. :)

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    I always found them to be nice guys when I shot there a bunch, a few years ago. I always found the need to have a 'big boomer' night silly. You should be able to fire your .50 anytime. If people don't like the noise or concussion, consider another hobby.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Surely could have, but it was/IS 100% not worth the gas and time of a 6 hour round trip, for a "good, but not great" price. Especially if I'd be choosing to deal with a guy who acted like he'd be doing me a favor to take my hard earned money...Maybe he was having a bad day? I don't know or care, but I spend way too much money on/in this lifestyle to have someone treat me like a chump, and still expect to get any of my money...Just the way I feel about. :sad20:

As luck would have it, I was able to buy the same exact rifle from 2A, a week later, for the same good price, and they treated me like they actually appreciated my business. A complete 180 degree turn from the other place. :thumbsup:

First impressions mean a LOT...whether they're good or bad ones. :)

My bad, I thought you were actually in the shop when it happened.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    No sir. Sorry for the confusion. They put a rifle I had been looking for, up for sale in their IP section, and I immediately contacted them about it...and those were the results. No biggie. :beer:

Got it. Didn't realize they were 6 hours away from you. It's a half-way pleasant, hour long drive for me.

jmike1487

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Totally out of bounds. Seriously.

If not wanting to pay $249 dollars for a sig brace makes me cheap......Call me the king jew.

I'm a Jew and found that extremely hilarious. I didn't see anything anti Semitic about it. Lighten up people.

But regarding freestate I'll never go there again. I just got jerked around for a month long with dealing with one of their employees. And not a single one of the Managers I've emailed has gotten back to me. Won't spend any of my hard earned JEW money in that place again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom