• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Gonna throw it out there, might get yelled at but whatever.

Like the range a lot but last two times I was in there I started to sense that whole arrogant gun shop crap starting.

Won't give prices over the phone, people being talked to like morons over the phone and over the counter.

After they held my lower for 104 days during the pre-Oct '13 madness and then suddenly realized they could let guns go on the 8th day right as the ban was about to take affect I really got disillusioned with them.

Never like losing an IP and overall the shop is pretty good, though. Love the range.

Doitsouthstyle

Apr 4, 2012
    Baltimore County
    I really do like the range but I bought a stripped lower and few weeks back and after filled out the paper work the guy told me it should be ready in about 10 days. Needless to say I called on the 8th day and picked it up. But was very surprised he said 10 days.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    FreeState is the greatest thing since peanut butter and jelly in the same jar.

Always friendly. Always helpful. Always willing to shoot the sheet.

And they have a pool table.

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    Why would they drop off? This forum is pretty good advertising for them.

It is a business decision, is the money spent on "advertising" here earning them more money than "advertising" in other information/media outlets. For example if they were spending $1000 here and only receiving about $500 in return then they would have more money if they didn't "advertise" here. I worked for a company who decided to sell the group I was working in to another company because they weren't making enough money from the money they were spending on us. We cost $50M per year to operate and the profit they were making was about $10M. They felt that if they spent that $50M in other ways they could make more the $10M.

As the saying goes business is business and from the media reports business is booming for gun retailers generally speaking.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I can see the Gun Shop. I doubt they derived much business from their IP status. But to think that Free State hasn't gained by their involvement with MDS, can't be right. I've got to talk to Randy some time today. I'll ask him about it.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Just got off the phone with Randy at Freestate. He gave the task of paying the bill to an employee. He thinks maybe the bill wasn't paid. He's going to look into it. He seemed surprised when I told him and he verified it. Stay tuned for further updates.

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    Just got off the phone with Randy at Freestate. He gave the task of paying the bill to an employee. He thinks maybe the bill wasn't paid. He's going to look into it. He seemed surprised when I told him and he verified it. Stay tuned for further updates.

That makes sense. Heck, when you join their range, one of the questions was what is your MDShooters "HANDLE"? In fact, that was how I found this place. :innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom