• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    Basically in 2013 NH changed its rules saying out of state applicants needed to have a permit from their home state. This was overturned by the state supreme court.

Plaintiff was Scott Bach, president of ANJRPC which is the state NRA organization. The court even acknowledged that residents of states like NJ would never be able to satisfy the requirement. Wow.

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20160602/NEWS21/160609812&source=RSS

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX

Attachments

• 59318982.jpg
      59318982.jpg
      27.3 KB · Views: 3,836

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    The good news out of this is that you can apply for a NH non-resident permit by mail and carry in PA on that.

I'm pretty sure Pa. did away with that awhile ago, I used to be able to carry there on a my Florida and Virginia permits, now I think it's only like one non resident permit Pa. will accept. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    I'm pretty sure Pa. did away with that awhile ago, I used to be able to carry there on a my Florida and Virginia permits, now I think it's only like one non resident permit Pa. will accept. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

That is incorrect. NH was still good. She did away with non-resident FL, VA, ID, UT and MS. Not the others.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Yep TX and NH were the exceptions. I suspect AG Kane may move to invalidate the NH permit unless she can't legally do it. Luckily the signed reciprocity agreements doesn't limit the agreement to residents only. I still suspect Kane will try to pull something.

agreement attached.

Attachments

• Signed_NH_Agreement.pdf
      58 KB · Views: 407

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Well that makes her ruling even stupider, letting you carry non resident on one permit and not another. I could see it if they didn't have reciprocity with the state's as a whole, but to allow a resident permit from Florida and not a non resident but allowing a non resident permit from NH is just crazy.

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    Yep TX and NH were the exceptions. I suspect AG Kane may move to invalidate the NH permit unless she can't legally do it. Luckily the singed reciprocity agreements doesn't limit the agreement to residents only. I still suspect Kane will try to pull something.

agreement attached.

Hopefully all of her legal troubles will keep her occupied. She doesn't even have a law license now.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Well you were required to take training in Texas so maybe that's why she didn't ban Texas. The other states would issue without you traveling to the state to get the training. Just a guess.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Have to see the opinion but from the article it sounds like it won't really help other cases, it's just a matter of a department overstepping their boundaries.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    That's because the Supreme Court just ruled against the rule. The form hasn't been changed yet to comply with the ruling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom