• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    I just did a mod to my G41 trigger. I put a set screw in the trigger to push on the trigger bar taking the pre-travel out of it. Like the zev trigger has. I then cut a notch in the trigger safety so it would engage correctly. It feel really good next I'm going to get the lone wolf travel stop an see if I can get to break and reset in a shorter distance.

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    Google DK Custom Glock triggers. IMO the best competition glock trigger out there. Legal in IDPA ESP and USPSA Prod.

timkz

Oct 14, 2013
    Hi Guys,

My G34 trigger is driving me nuts. Is there any kind of mod or drop in kit that will take the mushiness out of it and break cleanly? Maybe something like the DCK for the MP series?

Thanks in advance!

K

The Ghost PRO 3.3lb Connector completely change the feel of my G34 MOS trigger. The "bump" is removed with almost zero over travel and extremely short reset. My shooting improved immediately. However, it does require some fitting and is not a completely drop in part.

http://www.ndzperformance.com/Ghost-PRO-3-3-lb-Trigger-Connector-p/gho-pro-kit.htm

Mr Bear

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    Maryland
    From the "Glock Store", look at the Pyramid trigger systems. Very smooth, adjustable take-up, etc. Drop-in, plus the site has installation videos to walk you through the entire process.

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    The kit thats 150?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Yes although if you don't already have a skeletonized firing pin with long pin then get the deluxe kit for $200. This kit brings the pull down to sub 3lbs with no take up. As close to a 1911 type break as you can get in a Glock.
    Pricey? Maybe, but IMO very worth it.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Yes although if you don't already have a skeletonized firing pin with long pin then get the deluxe kit for $200. This kit brings the pull down to sub 3lbs with no take up. As close to a 1911 type break as you can get in a Glock.
    Pricey? Maybe, but IMO very worth it.
    All in due time. I'll definitely save the info. I like to be around 4-4.5 personally as ive taken some CCW classes etc but Im just looking at IDPA, plus I dont expect 1911 but the mushy feel is less than appealing good info either way.

I wish when my wife got her xd it was im 9 not 40 as I shoot it better than I do my G17. A lot better

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    If you want to go all the way and just drop it in the way to go is the Zev Fulcrum trigger kit. I bought a used G34 Gen 3 (Carry Optics racegun) that had a massaged OEM trigger in it. Coming from 1911s it felt like a POS. Dropped the full Zev kit in it and now I actually like striker-fired handguns. I picked the Zev over the others because I got to try another competitors gun who I respect and I liked the feel of the full Zev kit. Likely around about 3 lbs. or so. Of course I could not leave well enough alone so now it has the extended firing pin, slide racker, brass magwell and grip plug, 6 port LW barrel and I changed the RMR to the dual illuminated version so no batteries. I run it in Open in steel matches.
    For IDPA I bought a G17 Gen 3. I installed the massaged trigger parts I took off the G34 but still did not like it so dropped in a Double Diamond connector from the GlockStore. Added FO sights from Dawson Precision. That's all it has.

Boneuphtoner

Feb 8, 2016
    MoCo
    Doesn't the Glock 34 have an upgraded trigger out of the box compared to the 17 and 19? It seems like I read that somewhere.

Boneuphtoner

Feb 8, 2016
    MoCo
    Actually, I think it's worse. My G34 is mushy whereas my G19 G3 has a nice crisp break to it.

Wow, that is very surprising. Certainly not in line with what S&W did with the M&P line....the M&P pro line state very clearly that they have an upgrade trigger over the standard.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Sorry the Zev is still a better trigger than that Tac one. The "safety" is still the striker itself. Putting in too light a striker spring not only makes it hard to feel the reset but it also can disable the safety feature of the trigger assembly. Has nothing to do with the pull although the pressure of the reset striker can make it feel slightly harder.

ejholt

Feb 6, 2013
    I bought a Royal Arms trigger for my 19 and 23. Apparently they make the triggers for Zev and the price is only 100.00!

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    DK is pro shooter Doug Koenig. His triggers are tops for IDPA because he builds them specifically for each class right to the limit of the rules.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    As for the Royal Arms Triggers I doubt they make the Zev. Also for their current price of $115 you don't get all the parts that come with the Zev Fulcrum Ultimate kit or even the regular kit. The Royal uses an OEM trigger bar. In fact the same parts as the RA trigger only cost $80 from Zev. For $130 from Zev you get a proprietary trigger bar with refinements not just a polished OEM like Royal Arms. Plus you get 2 different weight striker springs, a stainless steel striker plunger and new stainless steel plunger spring, plus the ability to adjust over travel and the ability to adjust the trigger down to 3# if you want. The Ultimate kit adds the skeletonized extended firing pin.
    The Royal Arms kit is designed for tactical use where the operator is not allowed a custom match/competition trigger. Think of it as the same as the ALG Combat trigger for the AR. Comparing the ALG to a Geissele S3G is night and day different. Same with the RA trigger verses the Zev Fulcrum. The Zev is designed for competition.
    Oh yea, unlike Royal's claim about it being the only real drop-in, that is at least a fib if not an outright lie. I dropped the Zev in my G34 after owning it for about 2 weeks at most having never owned one before. Did not even adjust anything until I used it for amost a year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom