• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    It went well and I had a hoot! And, for me, I did better than I thought I would.

Met lots of good people and learned a lot. Looking forward to the next one.

You did very well on the handgun portion; as I was going across the individual course with you, I was observing alot of 10's and X's on the two handed portion of the course. Did you feel like yaking (throwing up) in the bushes after that??? :lol2: Hope I did as good of a job running the handgun portion of the shoot as you did on the handgun shooting.

Last edited:

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    ....Hope I did as good of a job running the handgun portion of the shoot as you did on the handgun shooting.
    You did a great job over on the handgun range Lou. It went smoothly, quickly and safely - what else is there?

Heard somebody beat my time though, how did you let THAT happen? :D

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    You did a great job over on the handgun range Lou. It went smoothly, quickly and safely - what else is there?

Thanks for the pep rally, Ed.

So somebody beat your time going across the handgun course; I just started the stopwatch just as they were finishing; I had to do something to give you a run for the money :lol2:

bluesgt380

Oct 24, 2010
    Baltimore

So somebody beat your time going across the handgun course; I just started the stopwatch just as they were finishing; I had to do something to give you a run for the money :lol2:

I think it was 27 seconds...Road runner esque..

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County

Yea, 27 seconds and 36 shots fired. Did you have that side arm selector set on 6 round bursts??? :D

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Please make sure that you consider the noobs that'll be shooting their first comp (Me). So, if you could please miss your first 10-20 shots, I'd greatly appreciate it. :innocent0

Will do! Looking forward to it!

I haven't been this nervous since my last college football game. (20 years ago) The butterflies normally disappear, but I am guessing I am gonna puke once or twice before the festivities begin. :party29: So, if you hear the "heave", that's "Yoshi" in bushes. :lol2:

I was this way before my first "match". You'll soon realize it's nothing to get excited over. Not to mention getting that jacked up will not help your shooting.

Lou is right, just relax, do what you know and enjoy yourself.

It went well and I had a hoot! And, for me, I did better than I thought I would.

Met lots of good people and learned a lot. Looking forward to the next one.

You did very well on the handgun portion; as I was going across the individual course with you, I was observing alot of 10's and X's on the two handed portion of the course. Did you feel like yaking (throwing up) in the bushes after that??? :lol2: Hope I did as good of a job running the handgun portion of the shoot as you did on the handgun shooting.

After reviewing the scores, Yoshi ended the pistol portion of the match with the highest score. Hmmmm, kinda makes me think he was playing all of us. :rolleyes: Whad'd'yall think??? Did we give him too many good pointers???

Good shooting Yoshi :thumbsup:

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Was that you? Excellent time and pretty darn fast! :bowdown:

I had one minor malf during that stage, when a case bounced off the barricade barrel and dropped back in front of the hammer as it was falling and got caught there. Never saw such a thing, case was laying sideways between the back of the slide and front of the hammer.

When the gun stopped running, I reached for a mag, since I only had a couple rounds left in that one and I had decided to just go into a mag change while applying my clearance drill. About about the time I got my hand on the mag, I realized the spent case was tying up the gun and just wiped it clear.

Marc357 was kind enough to send a cell phone video of the stage over, and you can see me fumbling with my gear during the third six-round string. It will open with Windows Media Player, among other things.

Ed-Pistol

Last edited:

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    After reviewing the scores, Yoshi ended the pistol portion of the match with the highest score. Hmmmm, kinda makes me think he was playing all of us. :rolleyes: Whad'd'yall think??? Did we give him too many good pointers???

One in every crowd...:sad20:

Yoshi

Invictus
    Jun 9, 2010
    Someplace in Maryland

Thanks! But, I am telling you... ALL LUCK!!! :innocent0

trebark

Hiding in plain sight
    Aug 3, 2009
    Falls Church, VA
    Was that you? Excellent time and pretty darn fast! :bowdown:

I had one minor malf during that stage, when a case bounced off the barricade barrel and dropped back in front of the hammer as it was falling and got caught there. Never saw such a thing, case was laying sideways between the back of the slide and front of the hammer.

When the gun stopped running, I reached for a mag, since I only had a couple rounds left in that one and I had decided to just go into a mag change while applying my clearance drill. About about the time I got my hand on the mag, I realized the spent case was tying up the gun and just wiped it clear.

Marc357 was kind enough to send a cell phone video of the stage over, and you can see me fumbling with my gear during the third six-round string. It will open with Windows Media Player, among other things.

Ed-Pistol

Your video link does not seem to be working.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Your video link does not seem to be working.
    It's not like YouTube, it's a video file hosted on my own site.

Click on it and you have the option to "open" or "save". I'd select "open", and choose Media Player to open it. My media player says it doesn't recognize the file, but will try to play it, and succeeds.

I just did that using the link you quoted from my post and it worked fine. The file extension is weird because it's from a cell phone, but media player plays it fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom