• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • axshon

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    Howard County
    Ok, I'm blocking out October 17th! It's near my birthday so I'm going to press for a decent entry level tactical scope so I can shoot my own...

Couple of questions:
    1) Where is this held? Don't see it on the site.
    2) Is it known or unknown distance or both? If known maybe I can get by with my current scope.

Thanks

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Doesn't that take some of the fun out of it? On the other hand if it's your home range I guess you'd have a serious advantage.
    Even if you've never shot there before, unknown distances are relatively easy to figure out when you have a berm every 100 yards.... :D

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    Even if you've never shot there before, unknown distances are relatively easy to figure out when you have a berm every 100 yards.... :D

Yeah I remembered what the range looked like after I posted that. I just figured I'd leave it up in case others who haven't been there were wondering the same thing.

duke308

Keeper of the List
    Oct 7, 2008
    Mid Atlantic Region
    Round count

Yes, bring 60 rounds rifle and 100 rounds pistol. Also remember each shooter must have a minmum of 10 rounds rifle ammo on them at all times.

herr.baer

Maryland Escapee
    Dec 27, 2007
    Tennessee
    Oh wow. I was thinking b27 full size.

They have those too. But also think 8.5x11 sheet of paper at 100 yards with 20 shapes on it. You can only shoot the shape that was in your envelope at the safety meeting. Or the same sheet of paper with 10 or so faces on it. Shoot only the face that was in you envelope. If you hit any other face you just killed a hostage.

Yoshi

Invictus
    Jun 9, 2010
    Someplace in Maryland
    Man, I would love to come, but I think I'll wait 'til October. I think I'd do okay with the pistol, albiet slow, my AR isn't sited yet and my .308 isn't even assembled.

I do plan on coming and spectating. Is that alowed?

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Two weeks till the match and we have few spots open. Get your $30 entry to Steve Dukehart, 308 Royer Rd. Westminster MD 21158. No running around the pond this time, but plenty of fun to be had by all. Hope to see you at the range.

Steve B.
    Steve, I picked up 6 cases of bottled water for the shooters this Sunday and need another BIG cooler before then to load up with ice. If you have one call me me in the shop this week and we can discuss/coordinate said topic. Lou

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    We will have FREE, (hopefully cold) bottled water at the shoot this Sunday, compliments of Lou45, for competitors while supplies last. However, still bring your own provisions because we may run out before the end of the match. You know how August weather is around these parts.

duke308

Keeper of the List
    Oct 7, 2008
    Mid Atlantic Region
    Shooters;

Here is the roster I have so far:
    Robert L
    Kevin H
    John H
    Chris E
    Jeremy E
    Ben L
    Casey C
    Tim A
    Mike P
    Scott V
    Steve B
    Brian D
    Laura S

Plenty of spots open, PM me if you are interested in shooting.

Steve D

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    This is my first Mayberry shoot. For clarity, I must be prepared to carry everything I bring, correct?

Would you like us to bring water to contribute to the communal cooler? (I'll throw in a case)

Also, do we have a final round count?

herr.baer

Maryland Escapee
    Dec 27, 2007
    Tennessee
    This is my first Mayberry shoot. For clarity, I must be prepared to carry everything I bring, correct?

Would you like us to bring water to contribute to the communal cooler? (I'll throw in a case)

Also, do we have a final round count?

Yes. If you plan to use it then you best be ready to carry it. :party29:

60 rounds of rifle I believe is the round count. Not sure of the pistol. I always bring 100 just to be safe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom