• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Crazytrain

Certified Grump
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 8, 2007
    Sparks, MD
    Been thinking about it for awhile, and I finally went down to Gun Connection and picked myself up a Remington 870 Express Synthetic with the 2 shot extension (making it, I believe, 6+1) and an 18" barrel. A home defense thing, don't-cha-know . Living in Baltimore City, I figure getting something with a little more authority than my 9mm wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. My first gun purchase in probably ten years, my first shotgun, and for that matter, the first long gun I've purchased.

Now I just need to get to the range and get familiar with shooting the thing.

Bad things have been happening lately in my normally quiet neighborhood. Hopefully, if some low life decides to do his bad thing on my property, the satisfying and intimidating "chunk-chunk" will convince him of the error of his ways.

Oh, and I thought I'd mention briefly meeting another mdshooter there ... 3rdRcn was at the counter sporting a MDShooters shirt. Didn't talk much; but it was good to meet someone from the forum.

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    SWEET....how bout pics!!

Attachments

• Gunny Guns.jpg
      Gunny Guns.jpg
      15.9 KB · Views: 228

Crazytrain

Certified Grump
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 8, 2007
    Sparks, MD
    I was soooo tempted to buy a Springfield XDm while I was there, too. Money is tough. I guess I need to work some more overtime.

Too late tonight. Maybe after work tomorrow I'll head down to Continental and see what if feels like to shoot a shotgun.

LordSigdious

Jan 10, 2009
    Been thinking about it for awhile, and I finally went down to Gun Connection and picked myself up a Remington 870 Express Synthetic with the 2 shot extension (making it, I believe, 6+1) and an 18" barrel. A home defense thing, don't-cha-know . Living in Baltimore City, I figure getting something with a little more authority than my 9mm wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. My first gun purchase in probably ten years, my first shotgun, and for that matter, the first long gun I've purchased.

Now I just need to get to the range and get familiar with shooting the thing.

Bad things have been happening lately in my normally quiet neighborhood. Hopefully, if some low life decides to do his bad thing on my property, the satisfying and intimidating "chunk-chunk" will convince him of the error of his ways.

Oh, and I thought I'd mention briefly meeting another mdshooter there ... 3rdRcn was at the counter sporting a MDShooters shirt. Didn't talk much; but it was good to meet someone from the forum.

How much did you pay for it at gun connection, I got the same exact set up from horst and mccain for 425. I think i got ripped. Not a bad shotgun, first time I went out with it I had a bad tooth ache and was kinda shying from shooting it and sticking with the handguns. Looking for a better recoil pad or thinking about the knoxx stock!

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    How much did you pay for it at gun connection, I got the same exact set up from horst and mccain for 425. I think i got ripped. Not a bad shotgun, first time I went out with it I had a bad tooth ache and was kinda shying from shooting it and sticking with the handguns. Looking for a better recoil pad or thinking about the knoxx stock!

I am beginning to think H&C rips everybody.....I saw a Chinese coach gun up there for $325 USED, when some places are selling them as low as $200 NEW.

I told my wife that I will use the range there from time to time, but will never buy a gun from there after seeing that.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    A fine shotgun Sir. I personally like Federal's 00 L.E. loads in my home defense gun. My advice is to get several kinds of 00, take it out to Continental and run some pattern tests.

a81lp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 15, 2008

get the knoxx stock, your shoulder will thank you

Crazytrain

Certified Grump
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 8, 2007
    Sparks, MD

$395

Crazytrain

Certified Grump
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 8, 2007
    Sparks, MD
    I was loving my shotguns until I saw a S&W 4506 for sale tonight.....might just have to make the transition to handguns...

Solid. I have a couple S&Ws, a 6906 which is my normal 9mm self defense gun (and used to be my carry gun when I lived in a more reasonable state), and a s&w 22a target/plinking 22. The .22 is quite decently accurate; but a little picky about the cheapest of ammo. The 9mm is good looking, easy to carry, mostly easy to shoot (I am not a fan of safeties that have to be pushed up, so only use the safety lever as a decocker and as a rule leave the pistol ready to fire, after training myself to always push that lever 'up' whenever I pick it up) and acceptably, if not impressively, accurate. (the photo shows the 6906 in 'safe').

sw22aand6906.jpg

(I'm not sure why my photo's are coming out orange. Something about the light?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom