• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    I picked both of these up for the Labor Day sale this past weekend. Just thought I’d share my thoughts for any wondering like I was but didn’t see much here, especially for the maritime bolt catch.

The charging handle as expected, was typical geissele quality. The design is silimar to the axts/radian raptor. Has a tank tread/checkering type cuts in the front of the latches. Very nice for easy grip, especially if shooting with gloves.

The entire handle seems pretty sturdy and well made. The raptor is still my favorite, but I would certainly say this passes the quality and functionality test.

The maritime bolt catch works great. More surface area if you are one of those that like to smack the heck out of the bolt release being tacticool or simply just easier to find with your thumb if not tacticool :)

The stippling on it is very nice for anyone using gloves when shooting. Your finger/ palm won’t slide off.

Left handed shooters can lock the bolt back without moving their hand off of the pistol grip as well.

Hope this helps anyone on the fence with either of these 2 products.

IX-3

Aug 21, 2018
    Eastern Shore, MD
    I'm still waiting for the two Maritime Bolt Catches I ordered during the sale. Looks like they finally created a shipping label Friday night so hopefully they show up this week.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    I have one of the maritime bolt catches but it wouldn't work with the rifle I wanted to put it on so I am waiting on my next build to use it.

Being a lefty, I like it.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    I'm still waiting for the two Maritime Bolt Catches I ordered during the sale. Looks like they finally created a shipping label Friday night so hopefully they show up this week.

Yup- geissele themselves to forever to process my order last time so I learned to order from brownells

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    Yup- geissele themselves to forever to process my order last time so I learned to order from brownells

That's good to know, I was wondering why my package hadn't been handed off yet. Next time I'll go the Brownells route since they do a decent job getting things to me quickly.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Like the looks of the Maritime would cause little hitch if using ambi mag release even a Norgon.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    My Maritime bolt catches arrived today from Brownell's. Bought over Labor Day weekend. I thought it was a little slow, but it doesn't matter at this time. What bugged me was Brownell's tracking system, which never really indicated that the pkg was picked up by the shipper.

IX-3

Aug 21, 2018
    Eastern Shore, MD
    My Maritime bolt catches arrived today from Brownell's. Bought over Labor Day weekend. I thought it was a little slow, but it doesn't matter at this time. What bugged me was Brownell's tracking system, which never really indicated that the pkg was picked up by the shipper.

Mine came from Geissele came today. It seemed to take a long time but it was a holiday sale so I figured it would take a little longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom