• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cruacious

C&R Farmer
    Apr 29, 2015
    Elkton
    Just found out after a trip to Duffy's that Kel-Tec now has an RBD with a 20" barrel (standard pistol-grip configuration too). It's completely Maryland legal as well, so I have to admit I am seriously tempted here.

So, anyone on here got an informed opinion on the RBD series of rifles?

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    I shot one about a year ago and really liked it too, I'm not a huge fan of the 20" barrel though.

There are a few longer than usual muzzle devices out on the market that would get us past the 29" mark with a 16" barrel, we would just need to have it pinned and welded in order to make it MD legal.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    IMHO, it's short enough with a 20" barrel that I'd rather have the flexibility and additional velocity over trying to save a few inches. I have a 24" RFB, and while I kinda wish it was a bit shorter, it's still very usable. I do appreciate that K-T gave us this option!

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    20" barrel gives you the option of a suppressor (vs 16" with extra long muzzle device which cannot be removed). Plus, 20" gives a little extra muzzle velocity. Personally I would choose the longer barrel for these reasons.

Cruacious

C&R Farmer
    Apr 29, 2015
    Elkton
    So, I got the one at Duffy's. Love it!

Now... Real question here... What sights should I get? I'm personally split between an ACOG and a Holographic.

Picture for show, current scope is a placeholder.

KSfgsgwh.jpg

Jgt416

Apr 11, 2019
    Hello everyone,
    New to the forum. Is the keltec RDB 20-inch barrel legal in here in Maryland?

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Just picked it up. 10 minutes ago.

I’ll try it out this weekend. She’s getting a vortex strike eagle 1-6x for optics and a set of duck defense offset sights as backup.

Attachments

• 9F5A4AA0-791B-4C21-B416-3E45B75BC274.jpg
      9F5A4AA0-791B-4C21-B416-3E45B75BC274.jpg
      91.9 KB · Views: 334

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    I’m not sure why I have not purchased this rifle earlier. Maybe because it was made by keltec and I’m being a snob.

So... I just got the rifle home.

The first thing I noticed about the rifle is it’s weight. This thing is very light. I think it’s under 7 lbs.

The second thing is that the trigger is awesome. I have several bullpups in my collection. ( aug,tavor , x95, stg556, fnps90, valmets, polytech etc). I can honestly tell you that this has the best trigger in a bullpup rifle. Unmodified factory trigger.
    The trigger is a two stage setup. After a very short take up , you hit a wall. The trigger breaks clean with no creep. I would estimate it at around 4.5lbs. The reset is decent. Similar to a sig SRT trigger. The hammer drops with authority. No light hammer spring. It’s louder than a BB gun . LOL

The weapon also indexes well. It point fast and is very maneuverable despite of the longer 20” barrel.

I’m an AUG fanboy. I’m very proficient with the AUG and Tavor. But the RDB is quickly growing on me.

Fit and finish is good. The hand guard is very solid. At least on my rifle. Overall length is just a tad over 30”. But you hardly notice it. Even if your used to pre FSA pups that are around the 26” length.

I’m currently shopping for optics. I think the 20” barrel deserves a low power variable magnification optic. Probably a 1-6x. So it’s a toss up between a primary arms acss or a vortex .

What I’ve also notice is the simplicity of the design. It’s so simple inside that the adage “ less is more “ applies here .

I’ll do a more detailed review once I get this little pup to the range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom