• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    It's not a copy of any rifle on the list as far as I know.

That leaves the copycat test... what is OAL? Dont see it listed. Needs to be >29". The fixed stock model is probably ok as long as OAL>29". The under folder is probably ok as long as that barrel does not have flash hider and the OAL>29" - is a barrel shroud a flash hider? I dont think so.

The only other item is mags. It wont ship with 31 rnd mags. What kind of mags does it take and are they easy to get in VA??

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Sweet. It looks like The Man From Uncle rifle (actually was a P38 with stock and barrel extension).

They need to make it in a manly caliber though.

GunBum

Feb 21, 2018
    SW Missouri
    The Wilkinson Linda (not made by the original Wilkinson) is a Wilkinson Terry with a different name. The Terry is banned by name. Does that make it a copy cat? Who the hell knows?

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    The Wilkinson Linda (not made by the original Wilkinson) is a Wilkinson Terry with a different name. The Terry is banned by name. Does that make it a copy cat? Who the hell knows?

Can they exchange parts? If, not, not a copy, as I understand it.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.

Yep, good catch!

Wikipedia says the company bought all the tooling and restarted the company, so I'd say likely it's an exact copy.

On the the hand, TTAG review says the gun is 32" oal, while the original gun was 28" oal. Maybe some differences in the stock. Also I think the original had a flash hider, this has a barrel shroud. According to intertubes it's legal. MSP does not have a copy of the original to compare against, they dont have an armored look at these, and they dont ask for samples. Based on the interweb, which is all they could go by, I'd say about 90% chance its banned.

There are no 10 rnd mags, only 18 and 31. Getting mags might be challenging even if legal.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Depends how old the Terry is.
    The early originals? No. It uses a different bolt.
    The later originals? Yes. The Linda and Terry are basically the same gun.

That's what I was remembering knew a Wilkensen had been banned couldn't remember which model. I remember these back in the day, light, compact sure .45 would be better.

Mags are no issue for me.

GunBum

Feb 21, 2018
    SW Missouri
    To confuse the issue even more... :lol2: When the original Wilkinson was making the guns, the Terry was a carbine, and the Linda was a pistol. The new Wilkinson is only making a carbine called the Linda.

The M-68 version of the Terry has the charging handle on the top of the receiver, and is not interchangeable (except for mags, barrels, and stocks) with any other versions.

The M-80 version of the Terry is fully interchangeable with the Linda. The only difference is that the Linda was offered as a pistol and the Terry as a carbine. The barrels, bolts, and stocks freely interchange between the two.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    To confuse the issue even more... :lol2: When the original Wilkinson was making the guns, the Terry was a carbine, and the Linda was a pistol. The new Wilkinson is only making a carbine called the Linda.

The M-68 version of the Terry has the charging handle on the top of the receiver, and is not interchangeable (except for mags, barrels, and stocks) with any other versions.

The M-80 version of the Terry is fully interchangeable with the Linda. The only difference is that the Linda was offered as a pistol and the Terry as a carbine. The barrels, bolts, and stocks freely interchange between the two.

Hmmmm maybe someone will submit it to MSP. I generally don't as there are FFLs with specific expertise that are much better at that.

I don't remember the wood accents on the Terri's, it looks like a neat versatile gun.

ironhead7544

Oct 27, 2018
    I once had the Linda Pistol. It could be converted to a carbine. Very well made.

The magazines were based on the Browning High Power, IIRC.

Sev89

Dreams about cheese
    Nov 4, 2010
    Anatomy Park
    They have two of those silly looking things at the cabelas in Newark, DE. Might have to pick one of them up in the future :D

Last edited:

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    They have two of those silly looking things at the cabelas in Newark, DE. Might have to pick one of them up in the future :D

You should they are not common. Back in the day they were one of the ultimate survival carbines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom