• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunman

Apr 12, 2018
    I have never sold anything at a gun show and I have a large amount of high capacity handgun factory magazines that i want to part with.
    Is it legal for me as a MD resident to transport the magazines to the upcoming York PA gun show for sale?
    Do I just sign up for a table and I’m good to go?
    No firearms to sell at this time.
    I do not have an FFL or C&R
    Please comment any tips or helpful info.
    Thanks
    Mark

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    ;):o:sad20::lol2::cool:;)

Ambitious and an Entrepreneur

You can never sell them in Maryland legally .

Lots of others know much more then I . They will be along .

SCV/SAR Patriot

UNRECONSTRUCTED
    I have never sold anything at a gun show and I have a large amount of high capacity handgun factory magazines that i want to part with.
    Is it legal for me as a MD resident to transport the magazines to the upcoming York PA gun show for sale?
    Thanks
    Mark

It looks like you've been a member for a while but it appears you've never introduced yourself on the new member thread. You may want to do that first, just my suggestion.

kingfish

Jan 15, 2008
    No problem at all so long as they’re legal in the state you’re selling them. you can even put an ad online and sell them that way, as long as they’re going to a state where they’re legal

johnkorz

Feb 25, 2013
    Savage
    High Capacity Mags.

Just as you can buy hi-capacity mags outside of Maryland and use them here. You can take your high capacity mags to another state in which they are legal such as PA and VA and sell them there. You cannot sell them in MD.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    It looks like you've been a member for a while but it appears you've never introduced yourself on the new member thread. You may want to do that first, just my suggestion.

^^THIS, then consider doing a 'search' and your answers will be easily found on the many previous threads on the topic

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County

Thanks

Mark
    You're good to go. Don't transfer/sell any mags of >10 rd capacity in MD (and don't accept an offer of sale and money while you're in state just to be safe). There's an exception if selling to law enforcement, but let the gun stores determine who is legal to buy and who isn't. Biggest issue might be the rules of the show you're going to. Some would likely allow you to walk around with a sign on your backpack indicating mags for sale.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    Thanks
    Mark

Hi Mark

if you have Glock 17 mags I live in FL

DM me.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    No problem at all so long as they’re legal in the state you’re selling them. you can even put an ad online and sell them that way, as long as they’re going to a state where they’re legal

I don't think so. It is illegal to offer them for sale in Maryland. The way I read it, even an offer for sale may not be made from within MD.

IANAL, so I might be reading too much into it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom