• 2CDB47DB-DB51-4786-A992-5FC1071A7295.jpg
      2CDB47DB-DB51-4786-A992-5FC1071A7295.jpg
      110.7 KB · Views: 221

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    If you dread dragging a deer a long way get a 2 person thin plastic snow slead. Use a boat dock line and wrap through the sled to the neck. Took mine first weekend hunting and dragged my hunting buddy’s dear about 1/4 mile and felt I could have pulled it 2 or more miles. Slides better across bumpy trails than a cart does roll.

I’m jealous as I am going to miss ML this year but hopefully not opening to Firearms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Welp! It's official now.

Skunked again during early muzzleloader season. In the woods six times and not a deer to be seen.

This happened last year too. Do once great deer locations just dry up? Effing deer just relocate?

Beyond maddening and disappointing.

PS: Congrats to those of you who know what a dead deer looks like.

vinjet700

No one of significance
    Mar 1, 2013
    State of absolute disgust
    Welp! It's official now.

Skunked again during early muzzleloader season. In the woods six times and not a deer to be seen.

This happened last year too. Do once great deer locations just dry up? Effing deer just relocate?

Beyond maddening and disappointing.

Didn't do any BP, but been out a few and maybe seen 2-3 and all outta shot range.
    I hope it changes as the temp drops and humping season peaks :D

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    My son has been out a few time and he's seeing them. It's just the leaves and underbrush is still so think, he can't get a shot. I noticed a lot of leaves falling today in the breeze. Hopefully, this will continue and we can have some shooting lanes open up.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Didn't do any BP, but been out a few and maybe seen 2-3 and all outta shot range.
    I hope it changes as the temp drops and humping season peaks :D

Bambi should be bumping uglies in the next couple of weeks.

If this weather isn't too hot for them to f--k in.

Maybe put down the deer calls. And play some Luther Vandross.

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    Got my boy to go out again today, a few words were exchanged regarding the playstation but like always he had a great time once he got in the woods.
    We saw no deer but after 2hrs he wanted to stalk the squirrels on the corn pile so he spent the next 30mins slooowly climbing down and making his way to within 5yds of them before the last one bolted for the woods. His plan was to grab on by the tail and knock it silly with a stick before he finished it off with his knife.:lol2:

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Got my boy to go out again today, a few words were exchanged regarding the playstation but like always he had a great time once he got in the woods.
    We saw no deer but after 2hrs he wanted to stalk the squirrels on the corn pile so he spent the next 30mins slooowly climbing down and making his way to within 5yds of them before the last one bolted for the woods. His plan was to grab on by the tail and knock it silly with a stick before he finished it off with his knife.:lol2:

Squirrels bite! And I mean bite hard! Do not attempt to grab one unless you are wearing welder's gloves. I know this from experience.

Attachments

• squirrely.jpg
      squirrely.jpg
      84.8 KB · Views: 243

BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    My son has been out a few time and he's seeing them. It's just the leaves and underbrush is still so think, he can't get a shot. I noticed a lot of leaves falling today in the breeze. Hopefully, this will continue and we can have some shooting lanes open up.
    So many leaves still. My usual late October shooting lanes are a mess.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    They're saying it's supposed to get very windy later today and tonight. Hopefully this will knock down the amount of leaves still on the trees. The underbrush is still going to take some time to die off.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    They're saying it's supposed to get very windy later today and tonight. Hopefully this will knock down the amount of leaves still on the trees. The underbrush is still going to take some time to die off.

Gyod I hope so. I feel like I'm hunting in September!

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    Was out 3 times yesterday. Only saw one deer at @50 yards and only legs. It was running away from corn harvesting. Pulled the cards on my trail cams, got a pic of some fudd on my farm! Sure he was tracking a bad shot. All dressed in camo, but no weapon.

Neot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2009
    South County
    Squirrels bite! And I mean bite hard! Do not attempt to grab one unless you are wearing welder's gloves. I know this from experience.

Reminds me of my grandfather telling me when I was a kid... "Boy, if a squirrel can crack a nut like its nothing, imagine what it's going to do to your finger" :lol2:

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Not a deer to be seen thus far. Figured after all that rain they would be out feeding a bit.

I'm heading out about noon for the evening hunt. I want to be in a tree when the wind finally stops.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom