• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ff13375

Feb 22, 2012
    I had Jeremy Robinson do my trust a couple years ago. I know he stop doing them but I am trying to get in contact with him, I need somethings changed on my trust. Any help

kmb

Ultimate Member
    Jul 20, 2011
    If you have a physical copy of the trust, do you need to go back to him? Can you call someone else like Britt Stouffer?

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I would call Britt. She did a great job on my trust. I don't think she is going to disappear.

ff13375

Feb 22, 2012
    So the issues is I need to make an amendment to the trust. I need to remove a trustee. I talk to multiple people that handle gun trust. They will not touch it because it wasnt written by them. They said I could have them write a new one for me but then I would have to file for new stamps

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    If Jeremy did the trust, then it was more than a couple years ago. Don't think he has done them for quite a while now. He lives a little ways north of me. Met with him a couple times back in 2013 and we have e-mailed here and there some. Been a while since I have written him. Going to have to put that on my "to do" list.

Most attorneys are not going to look at your trust and draft up an amendment because it will not make financial sense versus them doing an entirely new trust for you. They would have to bill on an hourly rate to look it over and then to draft the amendment. However, I completely understand where you are coming from.

If you have not found somebody to draft the amendment for you yet, shoot me a PM and we can discuss what you would like to have amended.

TyFromMD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2011
    Maryland
    Why not write the amendment yourself? As the grantor of the trust, you have the right to amend it as you see fit.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

md_al

Apr 25, 2014
    Middle River
    Why not just amend it then have it notarized? When I had my Trust made with coyote rifle they sent me Amendment templates for making changes like add/remove beneficiaries; add co-trustees, or add/remove successor trustees. If needed all I need to do is use them then have it notarized.

e.g. I John Smith, the Settlor of “SMITH TRUST” wish to amend my Trust to reflect a change of my Beneficiaries. I am removing James Smith as Beneficiary and adding Henry Smith as Beneficiary

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Depends on what the trust is for. If you just want to do a simple one shot deal, meaning only one purchase, I would do the SilencerShop one shot trusts or similar.
    If you want something you know you will be adding assets to in the future, have trustees, beneficiaries, etc, I would use Britt as recommended. She did mine and it is quite comprehensive.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    I'm just getting my first NFA item, not sure I want to start a trust yet. Wouldn't mind be added to some of my customers though ;)

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I'm just getting my first NFA item, not sure I want to start a trust yet. Wouldn't mind be added to some of my customers though ;)

If you think you may want it in a trust down the road (so others may use it, eventually will it to your kid(s), etc.) then I would do the trust now.
    I’m not 100% sure, but if it’s not in the trust to start, you’d have to pay again to have it transferred to the trust down the road.
    Someone else may correct me on that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    If you think you may want it in a trust down the road (so others may use it, eventually will it to your kid(s), etc.) then I would do the trust now.
    I’m not 100% sure, but if it’s not in the trust to start, you’d have to pay again to have it transferred to the trust down the road.
    Someone else may correct me on that

This is 100% correct. You will have to do a new transfer from your individual to the trust. It will be another F4 and stamp.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Yeah I am going to do a one shot.

Question, can you do the one shot separate from SS kiosk? If so how do you go about doing that? Through their website, submit photos and get fingerprints digitally from somewhere? Then you do the one shot and form 4 through their website? I assume you can do that even if not buying from them/through a kiosk?

Just looking at my options. I know a couple of places around here have kiosks, but don’t necessary want to be limited by that for who to go with.

Went by BBP to see what they had. Probably going back to talk to Dan when he’s in on Friday and I know they have a kiosk. Also going to go by South Carroll in the next week to talk with Brian (no idea if SC has one).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom