If ATF's Ruling on Trusts Passes Tomorrow - What Do You Buy?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bm3r

Mar 25, 2013
    Interested to know what your "last stand" will be? Purchases? Projects?

Im nearing the very end of my nfa purchases, honestly hoping to get ideas to waste more money :sad20:

The nfa market his been somewhat dry and prices seem to be holding steady - increasing incrementally over the past 3 years. What will you buy?

Last edited:

bm3r

Mar 25, 2013
    MD has no problem getting CLEO sign off so most people on here shouldn't be that worried. Yet...

I feel like it depends on the CLEO. I had such a tough time with Balto. Co. I gave up after several months of trying back in early 2013. I have heard great things from people who have personally dealt with the CLEO in Harford County.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    I feel like it depends on the CLEO. I had such a tough time with Balto. Co. I gave up after several months of trying back in early 2013. I have heard great things from people who have personally dealt with the CLEO in Harford County.

MSP signs off for everyone.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium

If your local CLEO will not sign off, MSP will. Don't give up. It might take a few extra weeks but they will aign off.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Interested to know what your "last stand" will be? Purchases? Projects?

Im nearing the very end of my nfa purchases, honestly hoping to get ideas to waste more money :sad20:

My last stand? Uzi...FNC...M16

The nfa market his been somewhat dry and prices seem to be holding steady - increasing incrementally over the past 3 years. What will you buy?

Also , what do you mean tomorrow? I heard no decisions would be made until at least 1/1/2016'

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    But its not just the CLEO sign off. . . you would need a fingerprint card and photos too for every trustee in the trust for every purchase. Its just adding more hoops, time and money to the process. Which is complete BS. This possibility caused me to not add any other trustees to my trust. Except I have everything in place to add some people to my trust if the rule doesn't get implemented. :)

Anyways, I got a trust last week and SBR'ed 3 of my rifles via the eForm 1. :D

The eForm was much simpler and quicker than I thought it was going to be.

Knuckles

Feb 28, 2012
    Ceciltucky, MD
    Scott Adams (Cecil County Sheriff) signed off on my Form 4 for a suppressor in 2 Days back in September.
    I think I paid $55 for Two(2) fingerprint cards from Inquiries in Easton, MD.
    I got my Passport pics at CVS in 5 minutes for about $10 but I believe you can take & print your own to save a few bucks.

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    I had been planning on setting up a trust and getting some suppressors around March. If this rule passes, will there still be an advantage to create a trust or should I just make purchases as an individual? I was going to include my daughter in the trust, but she's an active duty Marine and getting her fingerprints and photo for each purchase would be damn near impossible.

MACTHEGUN

Aug 18, 2014
    I had been planning on setting up a trust and getting some suppressors around March. If this rule passes, will there still be an advantage to create a trust or should I just make purchases as an individual? I was going to include my daughter in the trust, but she's an active duty Marine and getting her fingerprints and photo for each purchase would be damn near impossible.

She should be able to go to her ID card section on whatever base she's on and get that done fairly easily. Have her inquire, it's worth a shot (as that's what I'm going to do if/when push comes to shove).

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013

No one knows what the actual rule will be. BATFE has been tasked by Congress to "do something."

They could just require one time finger print, records check, picture for trustees. Or they could require it every application.

But no one knows right now.

The INTENT is to prevent people who should not have firearms (felons, etc) from being a trustee. Not that I think it has been a huge deal.

And, AFAIK, Congress did not provide any additional funding for this. So it is likely BATFE will not want to make it too hard on themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom