• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    The 5320.20's good for up to one year. So if you think you may be returning to the same (or similar) location (in the same state) again, just define the period of the form for one year, as I've done in the sample I posted. Otherwise, I'm not aware to a limit on the number of form 5320.20s you can submit.

+1. And save the filled out PDF form so that you only have to change the dates from year to year. I just sent off three new 5320.20's on Friday. Same locations that I do every year, but these are for 2 new NFA items.

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    And save the filled out PDF form so that you only have to change the dates from year to year. I just sent off three new 5320.20's on Friday. Same locations that I do every year

Ditto (but I only sent off one).

Broncolou

Jan 22, 2013
    Parkton MD
    According to their website (http://yorkfop73.org), that is their address. So that's what I'd use. Or, since we're dealing with ATF, if you wanna be sure, why not ring them and ask if they have an alternate address?

Just fyi: When I do a 5320.20, I add a semi-colon after the address and add: "any locations within state".
    I got turned down for this in the spring.......:sad20:

rtruhn

Sep 12, 2013
    Gwynn Oak
    I believe that the NFA only wants the address of the storage location in the state you are transporting to temporarily. I just renewed my annual forms for transport, I guess it wouldn't hurt to try the "any other location" but it seems unnecessary.

Interesting. By that logic, if I intend to go to VA for just the day, and return to my home that evening, do I submit a form at all? I agree that a year's form for the NRA HQ is a workable option, but wonder whether it's a technical requirement.

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    Interesting. By that logic, if I intend to go to VA for just the day, and return to my home that evening, do I submit a form at all? I agree that a year's form for the NRA HQ is a workable option, but wonder whether it's a technical requirement.

Yes, you would still need to submit 5320.20 as you are crossing state lines with a NFA items. The form permits the transport across state lines. That is why you can get a form that covers this type of transport for 1 year.

rtruhn

Sep 12, 2013
    Gwynn Oak
    No one believes that the NFA makes sense but it what we have to follow to have our toys.

Fair point. Thanks for the info. Looks like I'll get in the practice of filling these out as a matter of course. Wondering if I should add in the cans.

Butcher

May 3, 2005
    Owings Mills
    Do I need to submit 5320.20 if I've moved within the state the NFA items are registered? I have four stamps registered to three different addresses. Never seemed to have a problem acquiring new stamps despite the differences in addresses of the previous toy

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    No but you are required to notify BAFE of the address change. This is from both the Form1 and Form 4

Attachments

• form 4.jpg
      form 4.jpg
      22.7 KB · Views: 342

rtruhn

Sep 12, 2013
    Gwynn Oak
    When I moved (Ellicott City to Gwynn Oak) last year, my letter of address change was denied - I was instructed to fill out 5320.20 forthwith even for intra-state changes of address...

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    that's kinda funny given the wording of title of the form and the specific instructions on the Form 1 and 4 about notifying in writing. There is no instruction to submit a 5320.20 for an address change on either of those forms.

Nor is there an instruction to submit a 5320.20 for an address change unless you are moving out of state as well and moving the NFA item. BATFE is screwed up. Even perhaps FUBAR

Attachments

• atf.jpg
      atf.jpg
      15.3 KB · Views: 328
    • 5320.20.jpg
      5320.20.jpg
      63.5 KB · Views: 340
    Last edited:

Butcher

May 3, 2005
    Owings Mills
    ATF.gov says 5320.20 is for interstate not intrastate travel. I'll call them and verify but I don't believe u need to fill out form 20 if u simply moved within the state

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Exactly. Address changes including interstate are supposed to be sent in writing as outlined in the Form 1 and Form 4 instructions. A permanent interstate address change would require both according to BATF's own rules. Like many large organizations, a lack of familiarity with their own regs seem more the norm these days.

Butcher

May 3, 2005
    Owings Mills
    Spoke with Kelly, I believe, and she said that form 20 is not required if you move in state. Said it is recommended in case you ever lose your originals and need replacements, but definitely not required.

bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    Definitely not where you are!
    Just received approvals for a couple Form 20's that had the phrase "Any location within state" in the destination address (Virginia gun range). I realize this maybe over-doing-it to some degree, but it will definitely help in-case of some over zealot LEO. The approver was Terry Whittington Jr. :thumbsup:

approved.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom