• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vgplayer

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    King George, VA
    Geissele is really killing it with black friday deals. They also added a ton on new parts. Site appears to be getting hammered right now 1920.

Those shopping for a rifle the Duty 16" is $850 and the description states:
    Geissele 16", Nitride, Heavy Profile Button, 1-7 twist
    https://geissele.com/duty-rifle-16.html

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    Too bad you can't access the site. It's been down since the sale went live. Maybe better luck tomorrow.

Slim

Sep 13, 2015
    HoCo & Worldwide
    I’ve googled, but aren’t found a great answer...

What is the “Government Charging Handle”?

Different from the Airborne Charging Handle and the Super Charging Handle? Different how?

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Finally able to order. Now only have to wait 8 weeks for delivery. Good thing I already have a SD3G and this one is going on the back up rifle

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    I’ve googled, but aren’t found a great answer...

What is the “Government Charging Handle”?

Different from the Airborne Charging Handle and the Super Charging Handle? Different how?

Watch the video. Something about the edges being more rounded off.

Slim

Sep 13, 2015
    HoCo & Worldwide
    Watch the video. Something about the edges being more rounded off.
    Ah. Videos didn’t load at first. Thanks. Missed it until I paused and zoomed in.

Bill Geissele calls it the Federal Charging Handle in the video, but it’s marked Government:

Attachments

• F5130FBC-4F7F-4A34-82F0-A88E6A453559.jpeg
      F5130FBC-4F7F-4A34-82F0-A88E6A453559.jpeg
      20.1 KB · Views: 1,003

jamesp15

Jul 16, 2018
    Southern PG
    Ordered a (replacement) 5.56 and new 7.62 reaction rod finally. Been putting off buying for a while now.

Never loan tools. Loaned out my old 5.56 one to a friend of a friend and he "lost" it.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Ordered a (replacement) 5.56 and new 7.62 reaction rod finally. Been putting off buying for a while now.

Never loan tools. Loaned out my old 5.56 one to a friend of a friend and he "lost" it.

It seems to me that "said friend" should be the one ordering a reaction rod!!!

jamesp15

Jul 16, 2018
    Southern PG
    It seems to me that "said friend" should be the one ordering a reaction rod!!!

My friend reimbursed me back then what a new one would cost when its not on sale, so no worries there. Had just put off buying the replacement since I didnt have any projects on hand or upcoming.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    I am basically building a Geissele rifle out of their parts, minus a choice few from other manufacturers. This was definitely a fantastic sale.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Seems that it would be cheaper just to buy one of their rifles than to piece one together.
    If I wanted the exact configuration they were selling, yes. But since I want a 12.5" midlength gas barrel, an 11.5" handguard, adjustable gas block, no muzzle device, and the BCM furniture that I like . . . not so much. By the time I've pulled everything I don't want and replaced it with what I do want, I'm way more upside down on time and money.

sundaeman

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 16, 2008
    Missed it by that much. Had a upper in the basket and got tied up at work :( But, I'm guessing the moon will spin around the earth once more.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Mine just shipped. Not 8 weeks this time. :party29::party29::party29:
    My order still says "processing" so I think it is safe to say that I will be waiting for a bit. Most of what I ordered was 35-40% off, so I don't mind. The Triarc barrel is going to be a bit of a wait, too. I assume all this stuff will come in about the time my Form 1 stamp comes back on a lower, if I end up going that way. I may just run it as a pistol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom