• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I had the "file too big" issue so I rescanned mine at 100dpi and it got me under the 3meg point. It's worked twice that way.

Maybe I should try again to make sure.

Same here just now. I think "they" are having a problem. Not the end of the world for me, but not so good for others...

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    UPDATE: They seam to have fixed it for now. Got my Form 1 in on first try.

parttimer

Ultimate Member
    Oct 10, 2013
    Calvert
    I just emailed and recieved a response from the ATF. I was informed that if a paper form was mailed to them (postmarked) prior to the 13th it would fall under the old rules. If it was postmarked on or after the 13th if would fall under the new rules.

I was planning on doing 2 form 1suppressors. Do I send them in 2 separate envelopes or in one envelope? If in one envelope do I send 2 copies of my trust and 2 checkes or just one trust and one $400 check?

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I just emailed and recieved a response from the ATF. I was informed that if a paper form was mailed to them (postmarked) prior to the 13th it would fall under the old rules. If it was postmarked on or after the 13th if would fall under the new rules.

I was planning on doing 2 form 1suppressors. Do I send them in 2 separate envelopes or in one envelope? If in one envelope do I send 2 copies of my trust and 2 checkes or just one trust and one $400 check?

I would split them up, just in case one got lost. Trusts in both.

awptickes

Jun 26, 2011
    N. Of Perryville

can you post the response?

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Just got this trying to log on to Eforms:

eForms Outage

We have been experiencing issues with the eForms system the past few days. We are working to restore it to service soon, but we do not have an estimated time for return to service.

However, with the changes to the filing requirements resulting from Final Rule 41F (go to the ATF website (www.atf.gov) for information) becoming effective on July 13, 2016, you may wish to file a paper application. Please be aware that the effective date is set by the Final Rule and cannot be extended.

A PDF of the form 1 application is available on the ATF website (Firearms forms function) where it can be downloaded and completed to be filed to the address on the form. The form may also be found by clicking on the following link: https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/f...-and-register-firearm-atf-form-53201/download

If the submission is postmarked prior to July 13, 2016, it will be processed under the current requirements. If postmarked on or after July 13, 2016, the new requirements will apply.

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter

For once search was my friend and I had found that, but thanks for the link. And thank you swinokur. Yours in more up to date that the one in the NFA sticky.

eForms Outage

We have been experiencing issues with the eForms system the past few days. We are working to restore it to service soon, but we do not have an estimated time for return to service.

However, with the changes to the filing requirements resulting from Final Rule 41F (go to the ATF website (www.atf.gov) for information) becoming effective on July 13, 2016, you may wish to file a paper application. Please be aware that the effective date is set by the Final Rule and cannot be extended.

A PDF of the form 1 application is available on the ATF website (Firearms forms function) where it can be downloaded and completed to be filed to the address on the form. The form may also be found by clicking on the following link: https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/f...-and-register-firearm-atf-form-53201/download

If the submission is postmarked prior to July 13, 2016, it will be processed under the current requirements. If postmarked on or after July 13, 2016, the new requirements will apply.

This tells me that they have thrown in the towel. Our taxes at work.....

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    So the deadline is tonight at Midnight?

So comcast outage is due to atf eforms going down...ahhh makes sense

The outage is NOT a coincidence. Someone mandated this from up high..

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    So at this point even if you do a paper Form 1 all the post offices are closed so you are SOL, correct?

Post office by me (Laurel) has a Kiosk Machine.
    It prints the stamp at the machine.
    You can do a priority mail from it.

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Tried to complete a Form 1 last night the site wouldn't upload/accept my trust. Anyone else have any problems like this? Thanks.

When did you try? This past weekend their server ran out of file space (looking at the error messages that came back - which are a bad idea from a security standpoint).

They do have a finite limit. My NFA trust is 604KB and it worked.

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

eForms Outage

Oh wow - well there you go.

amg5161

Apr 19, 2016
    Very convenient the site experienced even more problems than normal. Hope everyone was able to get all the items in that they wanted to.

parttimer

Ultimate Member
    Oct 10, 2013
    Calvert
    I started filing a form 1 on the eforms site on the 11th but was unable to complete it due to the site crashing. I am going to send an email to the ATF asking if it is completed when ever they get the site back up will it still be grandfathered due to it being started prior to the deadline. As soon as I get an answer from them I will post there reply.
    I am not optimistic about what they will say but, it never hurts to ask.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I started filing a form 1 on the eforms site on the 11th but was unable to complete it due to the site crashing. I am going to send an email to the ATF asking if it is completed when ever they get the site back up will it still be grandfathered due to it being started prior to the deadline. As soon as I get an answer from them I will post there reply.
    I am not optimistic about what they will say but, it never hurts to ask.

I had completed one early in the morning and then it became sluggish and kept crashing on me by 8:30am so I did not do the other one I meant to do. (sent in paper last night)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom