• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr H

Banana'd
    I'm supporting Jim Fredericks, after having had a chance to speak with him at length (and we can talk about that too), but I just saw something that made me SMH...

First, in full disclosure, I've known Ron Bateman since the early days in Little League (and was glad to part ways as teenagers), and in all the time after that I've never talked to anyone who liked him.

On to 'the moment'... I just saw a campaign ad for 'Ronnie'. Keeping in mind that he only became a Republican to try and fool the 2A community after Buster Brownstain's shellacking, I had little interest.

But I had to WTF when they touted his creation of a Domestic Violence Unit as one of his accomplishments!!! What a joke!!

Oh, that's right... he forced his wife to recant.

ClutchyMcClutcherson

Aug 29, 2016
    Odenton, MD
    I’m not necessarily a supporter of anyone at the moment. If I had to guess, I’d agree with you and say Bateman’s time will most likely be up when this election comes. If they did use that as a campaign point it’s pretty stupid for obvious reasons. However to say “he forced his wife to recant” is a pretty bold statement. Unless you have personal knowledge of how it went down, then by all means make whatever statement you want. Maybe I’ll do some searching to see if I can find it somewhere.

Mr H

Banana'd
    The claim is anecdotal, but from the trusted sources and situations I've been told about? I have no reason not to believe it.

As far as Jim Fredericks is concerned...

He is the only candidate I have actually seen appear at the couple of events I've been at, and in speaking with him and hearing his career story (and his penchant for service), he would be an effective chief LE official in the county. I've yet to get into 2A issues, but if I get the opportunity, I will.

Solid family man (his wife is a hoot, and his daughter seems to be cut from dad's cloth), and looking to make a real difference, rather than just being a figurehead.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I know both men as friends and respect them both. And I'm not taking sides, can't vote in AA County anyway (I don't live there and I'm not a democrat). I worked for Ron Bateman directly and I will say he was damn good to me as a boss during a time in my life when things both professional and personal were pretty tough. And not for any personal gain or any reason other than he was good guy. He was also a very dynamic and creative leader. And I don't believe for a second he "forced" his wife to recant. That's laughable as far as I'm concerned. Jim Fredericks is also a great guy and a good leader. Like I said, I can't vote and I'm not taking sides. But I did have to say I have a different impression of Ron than maybe some others here do.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    Someone should take a photo of his new campaign signs with the Christian Bale version of Batman suggesting some sort of endorsement and send it to Warner Brothers and DC comics. They might have something to say about his use of that image.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I know both men as friends and respect them both. And I'm not taking sides, can't vote in AA County anyway (I don't live there and I'm not a democrat). I worked for Ron Bateman directly and I will say he was damn good to me as a boss during a time in my life when things both professional and personal were pretty tough. And not for any personal gain or any reason other than he was good guy. He was also a very dynamic and creative leader. And I don't believe for a second he "forced" his wife to recant. That's laughable as far as I'm concerned. Jim Fredericks is also a great guy and a good leader. Like I said, I can't vote and I'm not taking sides. But I did have to say I have a different impression of Ron than maybe some others here do.

I can agree with your assessment in people in general , if you talk to people some will like a person and some will say they are a horses ass .
    You can only go by first hand experience in these cases .

Sometimes to it is good to clean house and get a fresh start and to try a different approach . Politics is a rough game and a little more to it then we see .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom