• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I wish they could do this stuff at night and on weekends, but I’m guessing whatever they are doing is either a hardware upgrade or a security improvement. They should have a mirror site to prevent outages, but maybe resources are scarce and they have no alternative .

MSP is a bit behind on state of the art in IT infrastructure.

As I pointed out, it’s only the HQL portion of the site. The 77r eportal is nof affected.

Sucks I know but I’m guessing MSP is not sophisticated enough to have a fault tolerant IT infrastructure.

That’s my guess as well. Because it was/is related to changes, we couldn’t mirror our services as it relates to having zero downtime on uprgrades, but we always took our stuff down very early Saturday mornings and usually had it back up in a few hours, though we advised a Friday 6pm to Monday 6am downtime to the public. Every once in awhile we caught something catastrophic when the updated application hit the public and it would take us the weekend to fix it and/or make the decision to pull it, restore the old application and then work to fix the identified issues and retry a weekend or two later.

But federal vs state is a big difference in IT resources.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    The site is currently down.

Attachments

• C15EF0F7-D783-4A09-A738-B34D88B2504F.jpg
      C15EF0F7-D783-4A09-A738-B34D88B2504F.jpg
      33 KB · Views: 199

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    How would the following go down with the American public?:

Dear Americans: Your Constitutional rights will be temporarily suspended for 48 hours from June 13 to June15, while the Department of Justice updates its computer system. Thank you in advance for your understanding. Sincerely, Donald J. Trump, President.

Dirty_Civilian

Apr 12, 2018
    Here
    The licensing portal appears to be back up and all of my information was saved. I'll complete my hql application next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom