• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I need to take a day, gather up my small bank roll, and road trip to some shops. Hard to find the time for a 3-4 hour trip to look at guns.

The mild cursory shopping I did at other shops for this pistol had them saying their distributors had none and have no idea when they would get any to ship. I checked 4 in the AA county area. I have to think this is the norm for most.
    I'm a player at $700 with 2, 15 rnd mags. I think I would be shit hot shooting this thing.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    The mild cursory shopping I did at other shops for this pistol had them saying their distributors had none and have no idea when they would get any to ship. I checked 4 in the AA county area. I have to think this is the norm for most.
    I'm a player at $700 with 2, 15 rnd mags. I think I would be shit hot shooting this thing.

I'm guessing getting the LE package with 3 magazines and night sights is out of the question?

If I can get this and the 556R XI I'd be set for the year...self imposed limit of 3 firearms a year.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I'm guessing getting the LE package with 3 magazines and night sights is out of the question?

If I can get this and the 556R XI I'd be set for the year...self imposed limit of 3 firearms a year.

My bad. That's what it is. Not night sights but they are "glow in the dark"? The hired help wasn't sure of the mag count. But iirc the "glow in the dark" sights denote the LE model which would have 3 mags.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    My bad. That's what it is. Not night sights but they are "glow in the dark"? The hired help wasn't sure of the mag count. But iirc the "glow in the dark" sights denote the LE model which would have 3 mags.

I thought the normal one came with "glow in the dark" and 2 mags and the LE packaged was 3 mags and I believe actual Triji's night sights?

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    Regular one comes with luminescent sights that you charge. LE package has tritium night sights and three 15rd mags. $700 at $20 off retail is likely the standard gun and two mags. Some online places have the LE package for between $650 and $700, but good luck with getting them to send it here.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    It is a hoot to shoot. You'll love it.

CTD has best price on extra mags. About $37/ not counting shipping. P30 fits as you prolly already know.

The rechargeable sights are pretty good. I couldn't find tritium. It was $619 with two mags.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Good price. On Slickguns, I see it just under $600 ...

http://www.slickguns.com/product/h-k-vp9-9mm-striker-fired-pistol-60999-shipped

Ignore the expired warning and scroll midway down to the list of dealers on the page (it lists who has it in stock and what price). I found $624 for the LE package in a different slickguns listing.

However, handgun transfer fees are around $100 for many places in MD these days, so better to buy locally of course and support the dealers that support MD 2A rights.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    I thought the normal one came with "glow in the dark" and 2 mags and the LE packaged was 3 mags and I believe actual Triji's night sights?

Not quite sure but my P30 came with 3 mags and Trijis. All of the VP9s at my local shop come with 3 15 rd mags and Trijis. I always thought the Hk guns came with 3 mags as standard but I could very well be wrong. Lets hope it does come with 3.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I am still trying to find a listing, an ad, an msrp of different packages available?
    Like one apparently has the glow sights and 2 mags and apparently the "LE" version has the trijjis and 3 mags. IS there an HK website with products that I cannot just seem to link to?

thai

May 8, 2013
    Not quite sure but my P30 came with 3 mags and Trijis. All of the VP9s at my local shop come with 3 15 rd mags and Trijis. I always thought the Hk guns came with 3 mags as standard but I could very well be wrong. Lets hope it does come with 3.

HK comes with 2 magazines as standard. The LE packages may differ.

bnich82

African American w/a Gun!
    Dec 8, 2011
    Shame the waiting period cannot start tomorrow and be available for pick up on the 17th. I am pulling the trigger on this sweet thang tomorrow. Just ordered a TLR2g too.

Blaster229 - Any reason you went with the TLR2g? Just asking as I've never purchased a light before, and wondering what made you choose this one over all the others? I plan on pulling the trigger on a unit when I pick mine up from A1 after the wait...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Blaster229 - Any reason you went with the TLR2g? Just asking as I've never purchased a light before, and wondering what made you choose this one over all the others? I plan on pulling the trigger on a unit when I pick mine up from A1 after the wait...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

I just wanted to try a green laser.
    I laid in bed and practiced with it.
    I think I'm slight ocd and to see the second reflection "dot" just killed me.
    But a laser not emitting from inside the actual light would be better.
    I wanted green and wanted the strobe feature. Pretty sure that's the only one on the market?

Last edited:

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Went in to 2A today to do paperwork on the Sig P320.

Then made the mistake of fondling the VP9.

Pick them both up next Monday.

20141117_154114_zpsdb8fd475.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom