• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Yep... That's where I'm getting these numbers (though it seems they may have stopped for the evening??)

After you posted numbers, I had to find the place because I knew that I would want to keep checking during the day tomorrow and it would be bad form to rely on your updates. :)

Yes, I would assume the vote talliers have gone home for the evening.

rrankin

Aug 22, 2014
    Howard County
    1600 of ~5800 absentees counted, DB +150... -2000 overall
    There are 6,462 that have been Received 1,623 counted as of now, there was 9,715 that were sent out of the ones that have come in so far 2,770 were from Dem's 2,770 were from Rep's and 922 from Others.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    There are 6,462 that have been Received 1,623 counted as of now, there was 9,715 that were sent out of the ones that have come in so far 2,770 were from Dem's 2,770 were from Rep's and 922 from Others.

:thumbsup:
    report here
    http://www.elections.state.md.us/pr...4_Absentee_Counts_ByCongressionalDistrict.pdf

However:
    there is a typo somewhere. there cannot be 2,770 from Dem's 2,770 from Rep's and 922 other (=6532, not 6462). There must be 2770, 2700, and 922 (or: 2700, 2770, and 922).

:tinfoil:

Bongino needs 70% of the remaining ballots to break for him. He needs 100% of Rep and unaffiliated, plus about 35% of the Dem ballots to tie.

The outstanding ballots are from Washington and Montgomery county (because they're unchecked http://www.elections.state.md.us/county_status_page_root.html). There are ~500 Dem absentee ballots outstanding from Wash Co. So, if ALL the Washington county Dems voted for him, plus some 200 MoCo dems (about 14%), it'll be about a tie.

Some 45 of the absentee ballots (3%) went for the Green Party which is not accounted for. The more green party ballots, the higher the share of Dems he needs.

Could happen. Not mathematically impossible. Getting 70% of the remaining ballots though will be a high hurdle.

Feb 28, 2013
    I think McCauley is right where he wants to be right now.

If he's offered the job and takes it, that would be great. But if not, Bongino should serve in that position well.

bnich82

African American w/a Gun!
    Dec 8, 2011
    Well looks like Bongino will be free if Hogan wants to tap him for the job. Just heard on the news the race was called in favor of Dulaney......

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    Jack would be excellent for numerous reasons

-we didnt convert him, the failures of the policies and inability to do real police work converted him

-he's got a broad range of experience, homicide, drugs, administration, gangs, violence, and city police corruption. all the major issues msp is facing.

-he was made a pariah for even speaking with msi, which shows in partisanship thats already inherant in msp and state leadership, something that desperatly needs to change

-he has plans for md's issues, which is more than I can say for any previous SoSP who have just towed the administration line

-he would be effective in the heroin state of emergency that Hogan plans to call

-frosh would shit bricks

-he served in a leadership position under the o'malley administration, that makes him about as "non partisan" as can be

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland

-we didnt convert him, the failures of the policies and inability to do real police work converted him

-he's got a broad range of experience, homicide, drugs, administration, gangs, violence, and city police corruption. all the major issues msp is facing.

-he was made a pariah for even speaking with msi, which shows in partisanship thats already inherant in msp and state leadership, something that desperatly needs to change

-he has plans for md's issues, which is more than I can say for any previous SoSP who have just towed the administration line

-he would be effective in the heroin state of emergency that Hogan plans to call

-frosh would shit bricks

-he served in a leadership position under the o'malley administration, that makes him about as "non partisan" as can be

^^^^^^ this ↑↑↑↑

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia

-frosh would shit bricks

Yup. Perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ddeanjohnson

autodidact
    Aug 21, 2010
    the small matter of Senate confirmation

Some of those suggesting certain specific names may have overlooked the requirement for the MSP superintendent (who is the also the secretary of the Department of State Police, and thereby a member of the governor's cabinet) to be confirmed by the Maryland State Senate. This is a consideration that surely will not be overlooked by the governor-elect.

The last Republican governor, Bob Ehrlich, appointed Tim Hutchins, who had eight years service in the General Assembly but had previously been a Maryland state trooper. Whatever you think of the Ehrlich administration overall, that was a credible name to submit to the Senate.

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    I think the Senate would be hard pressed to deny confirmation of a former MSP captain, given the leadership and administrative duties associated with the rank.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    I think the Senate would be hard pressed to deny confirmation of a former MSP captain, given the leadership and administrative duties associated with the rank.

exactly.
    also given his prior service for the dem administration. of course he might have penned an op ed critical of Brown's claims in an ad or two, but for them to deny his confirmation over something like that, given his qualifications, would just highlight the partisan nature of the senate leadership. unwilling to compromise and demanding "their way or the highway".

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Some of those suggesting certain specific names may have overlooked the requirement for the MSP superintendent (who is the also the secretary of the Department of State Police, and thereby a member of the governor's cabinet) to be confirmed by the Maryland State Senate. This is a consideration that surely will not be overlooked by the governor-elect.

The last Republican governor, Bob Ehrlich, appointed Tim Hutchins, who had eight years service in the General Assembly but had previously been a Maryland state trooper. Whatever you think of the Ehrlich administration overall, that was a credible name to submit to the Senate.

Initially Ehrlich appointed Ed Norris as Superintendent. Hutch was the appointed replacement after Norris fell from grace.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    One thing that might be a problem with Jack would be his profile. Since he is currently fairly high profile it might be more difficult to get things done under the radar if Jack was Superintendent. Every move would be scrutinized and picked at.

It night be better to have someone else as Superintendent, that is just as much on our side.

Just a thought from outside the box.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Why is it accepted that the Dems, e.g. Harry Reid, Miller, Busch, OweMalley, etc., can be openly partisan and hostile to the Repubs, yet the Repubs are expected to be bi-partisan. For Christ's sake you just won an election stop walking on eggshells and grow some balls. Does that mean you can ignore the other side? Of course not, but push your issues while you have the chance. How do you think we wound up with OweBummer Care despite the fact that most don't want it?

MrNiceGuy

Dec 9, 2013
    One thing that might be a problem with Jack would be his profile. Since he is currently fairly high profile it might be more difficult to get things done under the radar if Jack was Superintendent. Every move would be scrutinized and picked at.

It night be better to have someone else as Superintendent, that is just as much on our side.

Just a thought from outside the box.

With his personal experience and record, he'd have the gravitas to push for smart changes that might otherwise frighten the people in this state. Granted, he'd probably have to be a bit more public-facing than your typical MSP Superintendent, but I think he'd also be able to make major changes in the way the MSP does business overall (far outside of just our 2nd Amendment issues) to really have an impact on crime in this state.

And honestly, crime is one half of the equation to a second term for Hogan. If crime is way down and the economy is way up in the next election, Hogan shouldn't have much resistance for the governor race and he should be able to start getting some larger changes made in the GA.

engine42410

Sep 9, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Who in the Maryland State Police can be trusted to do right by the citizens of this state as superintendent, any names come to mind. Is it me or do we need a hole new panel of people in the handgun permit review board, any trust worth names that come to mind that will help the law abiding citizen obtain a concealed carry handgun permit. This might be a long shot but what would it take to get a nationally concealed carry permit without any restrictions, who could make something like this happened for the law abiding citizen. Any chance of the new governor getting rid of SB281 and the magazine capacity ban and does he seem like he is pro second amendment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom