If 20 million illegals vote, kiss the Second Amendment goodbye.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    ‘If pigs could fly’

Every scholar we spoke with agreed that it’s ridiculous to think that the Second Amendment could be removed from the Constitution under any circumstances -- let alone because of immigrants.

"If pigs could fly, would it change air travel?" said Adam Winkler, also a UCLA law professor. "I guess it might, but it’s hard to imagine the premise."
    :sad20:
    I'm really getting tired of Adam Winkler being recognized as the go-to expert on the 2nd Amendment and the on-going litigations.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    The headline says it all ...

But, the article goes on to poo-poo the premise that 2A could be repealed or amended, which IS NOT what either Miller or Eugene Volokh alluded to.

If 20 million people who all leaned one way or another on gun control were suddenly injected into the population, the surge could change the country’s political make-up and tip the balance in favor of Americans that support stricter gun laws, said Eugene Volokh, a law professor at the University of California, Los Angeles.

It was Adam Winkler who segued into repeal ...

"If pigs could fly, would it change air travel?" said Adam Winkler, also a UCLA law professor. "I guess it might, but it’s hard to imagine the premise."

But a one person switch in the 5 to 4 makeup of SCOTUS would severely cripple 2A, and it's speculated that Obama has already been putting pressure on Ginsburg to retire BEFORE his 2nd term is over. While a replacement for her wouldn't necessarily disturb the present 5/4 balance, it also would prevent a more conservative replacement AFTER Obama is gone, giving 2A a solid 6 to 3 advantage. Adding 20 million more voters to influence the outcome of elections in KEY states, would negate that possibility.

Watch VERY CLOSELY where 'our new neighbors' are being relocated to. Swing states like IA, NV, NH, NC, OH, VA, & WI have already been receiving them. While it's impossible to tell WHO they will vote for, history has shown HOW they will vote ... mostly because they are culturally ignorant of the consequences, and schools are too busy teaching them English to worry about American history and civics.

Forewarned is Forearmed - Herodotus

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Con Con. Esp over non citizen voting.

All this will do is push the crisis foward a few years.. TX will lead the way.

Not to mention the coming terror assault on our schools.

Its a given. Each free state has a draft plan to remove itself from the Union. Con Con is coming.

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    I better pack my things then. I want to be a part of the Free Republic of Texas, not the People's Republic of NJ.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Texas, the state were Wendy Davis is now within single digits of Greg Abbott?

Texas is a battle ground, I expect it will turn blue in the next 10-20 years.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Texas, the state were Wendy Davis is now within single digits of Greg Abbott?

Texas is a battle ground, I expect it will turn blue in the next 10-20 years.

That poll was done by an Austin newspaper ... nuff said.

TX is a battleground state, but AFA it turning blue in 10-20 years ... ONLY if libs keep fleeing CA and other highly taxed states, and even then the state will probably be 'dripping' red just to keep from going under.

If you get my drift ...

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Granted, my point is that Texas is not the perpetual fortress of conservativism. It is a battle ground.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Granted, my point is that Texas is not the perpetual fortress of conservativism. It is a battle ground.

It's great when we're in agreement.

If you have ever been to Austin (and I think you have), it's like walking through a rainbow in the middle of a desert. Most of the people I met there were progressives who would like nothing more than to elect Abortion Barbie-types as opposed to Gun-totin' Ricks.

It's a good thing that the rest of the population is more like Yosemite Sam.

Attachments

• yosemite-sam3.gif
      yosemite-sam3.gif
      9 KB · Views: 383

bnich82

African American w/a Gun!
    Dec 8, 2011
    I wonder if the fact that some of these "illegals" came from Cartel violence area's where they may not of been allowed to own guns to defend themselves, could in fact cause them to be big proponents of the 2nd amend. Many of these "progressives" have never been in a situation where a gun could of saved their misguided lives, so of course they would assume these new "immigrants" would be for their cause...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    I wonder if the fact that some of these "illegals" came from Cartel violence area's where they may not of been allowed to own guns to defend themselves, could in fact cause them to be big proponents of the 2nd amend. Many of these "progressives" have never been in a situation where a gun could of saved their misguided lives, so of course they would assume these new "immigrants" would be for their cause...

That's one school of thought, but more than likely they have been conditioned by their governments to think that guns are bad, and had that thought reinforced by the bad guys having guns. Sort of like how liberal/progressive politicians here treat lawful gun owners as pariah, then the sheeple voluntarily disarm themselves so they won't be harassed all-the-while they cower in their homes and hope that the police arrive in time.

But I digress ...

bnich82

African American w/a Gun!
    Dec 8, 2011
    That's one school of thought, but more than likely they have been conditioned by their governments to think that guns are bad, and had that thought reinforced by the bad guys having guns. Sort of like how liberal/progressive politicians here treat lawful gun owners as pariah, then the sheeple voluntarily disarm themselves so they won't be harassed all-the-while they cower in their homes and hope that the police arrive in time.

But I digress ...

If they have in fact been brainwashed, some are starting to wake up...A quick Google search will turn up more stories like the below:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2014/01/17/mexico-vigilantes/4570299/

" Amid this failure to break the cartels, some analysts say it is understandable that Mexicans have formed vigilante groups to defend themselves. But there is a danger, some say, that the movement in Michoacán will prompt Mexicans throughout the country to grab guns."

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Paranoid fear-mongering based on emotions. At least the writers use facts to debunk the ludicrous claim by a politician trying to play to imaginary fears for votes.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.

Wrong.. see they intend to fight. Not rollover and complain. If NY and NJ had mobilised 40 years ago they would not be down and nearly out.

MD is not dead yet..but most complain instead of fight

Blood will flow in Texas before they go quietly...

Meanwhile they have oil. That gives them leverage... The oil field s are not in the cities.

If they ever fight like know they can lots of liberals will be starving in the dark...

They have all they need to win plus the will to fight.

Liberals do not have s clue what a battleground is. God help us if we need to teach them.

Any state with out exploitable natural resourse will face the collapse of the $$ with no recourse. That's the game.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    And speaking of that blue dot smack in the middle of red Texas

It's great when we're in agreement.

If you have ever been to Austin (and I think you have), it's like walking through a rainbow in the middle of a desert. Most of the people I met there were progressives who would like nothing more than to elect Abortion Barbie-types as opposed to Gun-totin' Ricks.

It's a good thing that the rest of the population is more like Yosemite Sam.

News.MSN.com -
    Texas' Perry indicted for coercion for veto threat

Sensationalized MSN headline, but read the details ...

A special prosecutor spent months calling witnesses and presenting evidence that Perry broke the law when he promised publicly to nix $7.5 million over two years for the public integrity unit, which is run by Travis County District Rosemary Lehmberg's office. Several top aides to the Republican governor appeared before grand jurors in Austin, including his deputy chief of staff, legislative director and general counsel. Perry himself wasn't called to testify.

Perry said Lehmberg, who is based in Austin, should resign after she was arrested and plead guilty to drunken driving in April 2013. A video recording made at the jail showed Lehmberg shouting at staffers to call the sheriff, kicking the door of her cell and sticking her tongue out.

Lehmberg served about half of her 45-day jail sentence but stayed in office, despite Perry's assertions that her behavior was inappropriate.

Perry eventually carried out his veto threat. No one disputes that he is allowed to veto measures approved by the Legislature, including part or all of the state budget. But the left-leaning Texans for Public Justice government watchdog group filed an ethics complaint accusing the governor of coercion since he threatened to use his veto before actually doing so in an attempt to pressure Lehmberg to quit.

Coercion ??? Perry's a piker compared to OWE'Malley's brand of coercion.

Do you think that Abortion Barbie will 'take this to the bank' even though she's technically not running against Perry ? But, more importantly, do you think that the majority of Texans living outside of the influence of Austin proper will even give Perry's indictment a second thought ?

Now back to your regularly scheduled National 2A Issues thread. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom