• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brickman301

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2015
    FREDERICK, MD
    Idiot! Why would you do that to yourself?
    Maybe I’ll become a gun show promoter. 1st thing I’ll ban is cheap crappy Chinese knifes, and beef jerky.
    I’ll allow the roasted nuts, because they make the place smell good. It’s like cover scent, for some of the “uncleaned”. Lol

Trigger Time

Amazed
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 23, 2013
    At some point we are going to have to admit that it is a problem with prohibited people buying and using these guns on the street. I really can't blame the guy for not wanting to be part of criminals getting these things.

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    Eagle Arms really thinks that average street criminals have the patience and skill to finish milling a lower receiver when they can more easily steal a complete firearm?

I recently visited a forum member who showed me the process. While cool and fascinating, the first thing that popped into my head is that the average Baltimore squeegee kid is not milling receivers. Not even P80 handgun receivers, because there are so many stolen guns on the market.

Organized crime *might* be a different story.

Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia
    At some point we are going to have to admit that it is a problem with prohibited people buying and using these guns on the street. I really can't blame the guy for not wanting to be part of criminals getting these things.

By your logic we should ban all guns because a prohibited person may get their hands on them, jfc :sad20:

MigraineMan

Ultimate Member
    Jun 9, 2011
    Frederick County
    Koehler, when reached on Sunday, declined to discuss the reasoning behind his decision other than to say, “I want to do the right thing. It’s the right thing. If we can keep them out of the bad guys’ hands, fantastic.”

He said [Democratic Rep.] Brown explained to him the violence the ghost guns were causing in his West Philadelphia district.
    Drank the kool-aid, he did.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Eagle Arms Productions is anti-gun, got it.

Did you read the article? If so.. read it again.
    This time, read between the lines.

As of this past Friday, Eagle Arms Productions, the state’s largest gun show promoter, halted the sale of the self-assembled gun kits, state Attorney General Josh Shapiro announced on Monday at a news conference in West Philadelphia.

So it was announced not by the show promoter, but the states' attorney...

The news conference took place in the House district of freshman Democratic Rep. Amen Brown. The Lehigh County-based gun show owner Joel Koehler credited Brown for being instrumental in his decision to discontinue allowing vendors to sell the gun kits at his shows.

... at a photo op in a location picked by a new democratic rep ...

The conversations between Koehler and Brown began after Brown visited the Eagle Arms gun show in Morgantown, Berks County, last month. There, Brown said he witnessed large numbers of ghost guns being sold.

“I was more than sure that some of those same guns were making it back to my community,” Brown said. “Gun violence is rampant in our city right now – with a number of the crimes being committed with an illegal firearm or ghost guns. The heaviness my heart feels as I hear about one shooting and killing after another is indescribable.”

At that same show, agents from the Office of Attorney General Gun Violence Task Force conducted surveillance operations that led to the arrest of four people in connection with the purchase of Polymer 80% gun kits. That was the final straw for Koehler.

... after the rep 'visited' the show and the AG's gestapo task force surveilled people buying the kits.

"Gee Mr Promoter, you got some bad people here committing illegal acts at your show. We'll be back in a couple weeks to see you again. Nice show you got here... be a shame if something happened to it..."

I have little doubt the mafia AG threatened to close him down.

It seems they caught the criminals... so what was this about?

Don H

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    Hazzard County

So the non-prohibited law abiding citizen looses his ability to buy an 80% lower because the law breakers use them? Here's a hint, the prohibited people are breaking the law and should be held accountable!

If we held everyone to your standard all cars would banned since there's lots of "prohibited" people driving without licenses and insurance and using cars to commit crimes.

Besides what's the chance of a Gansta building his own rifle when he can just steal it off buy it of street?

Trigger Time

Amazed
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 23, 2013
    Eagle Arms really thinks that average street criminals have the patience and skill to finish milling a lower receiver when they can more easily steal a complete firearm?

I recently visited a forum member who showed me the process. While cool and fascinating, the first thing that popped into my head is that the average Baltimore squeegee kid is not milling receivers. Not even P80 handgun receivers, because there are so many stolen guns on the market.

Organized crime *might* be a different story.

You obviously haven't seen the 80% pistol kits that any idiot can finish in about 5 minutes with a pair of pliers and a hand drill.

It was a little different when you had to spend a fair amount of time and money, and then have as least some mechanical ability to mill a 1911 or AR receiver.
    I knew when these Glock kits first came out that it wasn't going to be long before they started showing up on the streets the way they are today.

Clifjr

Feb 2, 2014
    Germantown
    This was posted on Eagle Arms Facebook page. I see there website is under construction.

Attachments

• 2A21F007-F39C-456A-B17B-41CAF1866569.jpg
      2A21F007-F39C-456A-B17B-41CAF1866569.jpg
      121.3 KB · Views: 688

Trigger Time

Amazed
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 23, 2013
    By your logic we should ban all guns because a prohibited person may get their hands on them, jfc :sad20:

If you read what I wrote, I never said anything in support of new legislation or banning anything. I'm just saying that we can't keep denying that it is becoming a problem.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Well they can go FOAC themselves

Would be interesting to find out this organization's stand on a potential ban on modern rifles, standard capacity magazines, etc.

IOW, a front that anti gun orgs typically use. They're happy to let you keep your lever gun and sxs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom