• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texasgrillchef

Oct 29, 2021
    Dallas, texas
    I expect Young to be GVR’d back to 9CA in light of whatever the Court holds in NYSRPA.

We’re all just throwing darts that sound like educated guesses.

I am going for more of a PC with a short opinion then back to district for final.

You do know that NYSPRA will get the opinion and it still goes back to district for final actual orders on what sections are enjoined and ruled invalid based on the opinion of SCOTUS.

There are well over 25 cases pending in various courts and circuits and various different levels on NYSPRA

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    I stated in an early post that I was thinking something similar.

because… There will be three things basically said.

1. The right to carry beyond the cartilage of one’s home or business with the only reason needed being that of self defense. That will get the 6-3 vote. Roberts even questioned the validity of why should this be the only right that requires a permit.

2. Sensitive Places. This will get the 5-4 split. Over what should or shouldn’t be considered sensitive places.

3. what level of scrutiny &/or balancing should be used. Intermideiate, strict or THT. Or combination there of for future 2A cases by lower courts. This will also get a 5-4 vote.

All of this i JMHO Though.

I also think that Thomas might be writing this one. He has been wanting to write a 2A case ever since Heller. He has issued many dissents since Heller. Roberts really kind of owes him his Magnus Opus opinion case and this would be Thomas’s. If he doesn’t get to write this one, I would be willing to bet there were some mighty tough arguments and fighting going on Behind the scenes. Also if he doesn’t get NYSPRA as The Majority Opinion. He will definitely write a concurring opinion. Which sticks as well for lower courts. I also believe he might write an opinion for Young v Hawaii, or ANJRPC case when those are issued PC.
    If Thomas doesn't get to write his Magnus Opus opinion it is because they are racist.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I see you are picking up what i am putting down:thumbsup:
    Yep. This annoys the crap out of me. They constantly judge people by the color of your skin.
    - If you vote for Republicans, you ain't black
    - Black people and the Democratic party are synonymous.

Probably half my patients are black. I talk to my patients about their lives and families. They don't care for this woke stuff. In fact, many of the older folks I see don't care for the BLM movement.

When a lib uses the term "black people" or "people of color", the words they focus on are "black" and "color". They breeze over the more important term, "people". You don't NEED to do anything special. The needs and wants of people are the same across the spectrum. Safety and opportunity, What shade you are is inconsequential.

tjiann

MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2022
    AACo
    Yep. This annoys the crap out of me. They constantly judge people by the color of your skin.
    - If you vote for Republicans, you ain't black
    - Black people and the Democratic party are synonymous.

Probably half my patients are black. I talk to my patients about their lives and families. They don't care for this woke stuff. In fact, many of the older folks I see don't care for the BLM movement.

When a lib uses the term "black people" or "people of color", the words they focus on are "black" and "color". They breeze over the more important term, "people". You don't NEED to do anything special. The needs and wants of people are the same across the spectrum. Safety and opportunity, What shade you are is inconsequential.
    Yes, this!

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland
    This^^^^ How I was raised, and yes...even educated in a public school system through turbulent 60's and 70's in southern Michigan. I believe it was working well and having positive effect until BHO. One could argue it was because of this prevalent attitude and ideology that BHO was elected--and then the ludicrous pronouncements from the WH began to rip away the foundations, embolden the freaks, loons and activists that took over the PHS. Don't know if we'll ever get back there--

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    This^^^^ How I was raised, and yes...even educated in a public school system through turbulent 60's and 70's in southern Michigan. I believe it was working well and having positive effect until BHO. One could argue it was because of this prevalent attitude and ideology that BHO was elected--and then the ludicrous pronouncements from the WH began to rip away the foundations, embolden the freaks, loons and activists that took over the PHS. Don't know if we'll ever get back there--
    X2. I think Obama set race relations back decades with his race-colored glasses.

ZeroCool

Nov 8, 2006
    New PA Resident...
    I know I'm preaching to the choir here but really irks me that they don't follow an order and ruling date doesn't follow case date.

Why these more impactful cases are purposefully pushed to the end reeks of politics to me. No SCOTUS ruling should be thought of/treated that way, imo.

"A right delayed is a right denied" and all that...

FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    I know I'm preaching to the choir here but really irks me that they don't follow an order and ruling date doesn't follow case date.

Why these more impactful cases are purposefully pushed to the end reeks of politics to me. No SCOTUS ruling should be thought of/treated that way, imo.

"A right delayed is a right denied" and all that...
    I'd rather a solid bulletproof decision in lieu of a fast one.

ZeroCool

Nov 8, 2006
    New PA Resident...
    'Zackly...rather have it right than fast...or worse...half-fast.
    Not disagreeing with that logic and maybe I misunderstand the process... I took the delay as "artificial" - meaning decision is done just not released (purposefully) as they understand the ramifications of these larger decisions. I feel like that's logical to assume as there seems to be a trend in these larger cases coming at the end... don't think that can be coincidental so regularly.

If that's not the case then I'll take back some of what I said.

Only some though, because they are obviously working on other decisions that were heard much later. Use the time you are spending on later cases on the earlier case to give it the same time/attention.

But I'm just a lowly citizen... What's my opinion matter :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom