• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    Let the games begin (continue?). Received a response from my online declaration of disappointment. Was asked for model, serial and place of purchase. Sent back a picture of the box tag and an image of the promotion. My salutation was, "I did buy a new colt rifle and it is an M4. I look forward to hearing back from you."

My experience with stuff similar to this is that persistence will prevail. Just need to get through the first level of defense and make it to somebody authorized to make it happen.

Cheers,

Mark

themoose06

Sep 11, 2016
    Let the games begin (continue?). Received a response from my online declaration of disappointment. Was asked for model, serial and place of purchase. Sent back a picture of the box tag and an image of the promotion. My salutation was, "I did buy a new colt rifle and it is an M4. I look forward to hearing back from you."

My experience with stuff similar to this is that persistence will prevail. Just need to get through the first level of defense and make it to somebody authorized to make it happen.

Cheers,

Mark

let us know how it works out, we’d all like to get the rebate

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    Real curious given their rebate page says

BUY ANY NEW COLT RIFLE MODEL AND GET A FREE DRAGO™ GEAR 36" DISCREET GUN CASE AND A MAGPUL® 30RD PMAG® MAGAZINE.

Don't get their issue.

https://coltrebates.pmcprograms.com/submission/contact

Because like most things, you have to read the fine print below that.

Offer valid for qualifying purchases at retail during the promotion period from a Colt Stocking Dealer only.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Because like most things, you have to read the fine print below that.

Offer valid for qualifying purchases at retail during the promotion period from a Colt Stocking Dealer only.

Oh I get it and it came from a Colt Stocking Dealer. My beef is they say "any colt rifle" not "some rifles". Sure we all slap fine print on things, that may cover them legally but not ethically.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    Oh I get it and it came from a Colt Stocking Dealer. My beef is they say "any colt rifle" not "some rifles". Sure we all slap fine print on things, that may cover them legally but not ethically.

I’m with you there, it should say qualifying models.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I’m with you there, it should say qualifying models.

Yup...……..Colt has yet to respond to my message. I am liberally posting accurate accounts on multiple forums...……...unfortunate.

Its a small thing but I expect better when shelling out $1k for a premium rifle that frankly pound for pound isn't that much better than others at half their price. Its sort of insulting.

themoose06

Sep 11, 2016
    Yup...……..Colt has yet to respond to my message. I am liberally posting accurate accounts on multiple forums...……...unfortunate.

Its a small thing but I expect better when shelling out $1k for a premium rifle that frankly pound for pound isn't that much better than others at half their price. Its sort of insulting.

I agree, its a small thing but it’s irritating

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    I wore 'em down...

I received an email after a few exchanges that the HBAR qualifies. This is an excerpt from said email. "We will allow the redemption of the offer with the model number you have purchased." The email is from a generic box rather than an individual. Precedent however is set so go get your swag. If I can help you in any way, please reach out.

Cheers,

Mark

jlowe23

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2014
    Cecil County
    I received an email after a few exchanges that the HBAR qualifies. This is an excerpt from said email. "We will allow the redemption of the offer with the model number you have purchased." The email is from a generic box rather than an individual. Precedent however is set so go get your swag. If I can help you in any way, please reach out.

Cheers,

Mark

Great work Mark!

I am glad you stayed on Colt to do the right thing!

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Thanks man nothing from Colt on my pestering, I will revisit.

Their attitude to date has been unfortunate but like all things being able to change course is a good leadership trait.

themoose06

Sep 11, 2016

Cheers,

Mark

Did you submit the form originally or did you email them?

How should the rest of us handle the rebate?

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    Hey Moose, don't think I have the magic decoder ring for this but persistence paid off for me. Hopefully I'm not a one off but as I wrote earlier, precedent has been set. I have pretty much chronicled the sequence of events in this thread but here is a synopsis:

* Tried submitting online but HBAR was not in the model list.
    * Called Colt and spoke with Cheyenne. She said she would look into it and call back. Never did...
    * Saw post (I believe from Jimbob) that he was able to submit using "LE6920" from model list. I followed suit.
    * I soon thereafter received a rejection notification.
    * I cried foul via the online portal. This is done by checking your promo status and clicking on the "?" at far right of your rejection.
    * I received via email a request for the model number and serial number so "they" could look into it.
    * I responded with a foto of the box tag with said info as well as an image of the Colt promo offer.
    * Colt acquiesced and said I'm good to go and to send foto of invoice and shipping address.
    * I complied and provided out of state address.

I would be more than happy to share my email thread with anybody if you think that would help your cause. Unfortunately the email is between me and a nameless Colt customer service email address. Shoot me an email if you want me forward said email thread.

Cheers,

Mark

P.S. I just looked and the HBAR has not been added to the approved model list in the online submission form.

themoose06

Sep 11, 2016
    Hey Moose, don't think I have the magic decoder ring for this but persistence paid off for me. Hopefully I'm not a one off but as I wrote earlier, precedent has been set. I have pretty much chronicled the sequence of events in this thread but here is a synopsis:

* Tried submitting online but HBAR was not in the model list.
    * Called Colt and spoke with Cheyenne. She said she would look into it and call back. Never did...
    * Saw post (I believe from Jimbob) that he was able to submit using "LE6920" from model list. I followed suit.
    * I soon thereafter received a rejection notification.
    * I cried foul via the online portal. This is done by checking your promo status and clicking on the "?" at far right of your rejection.
    * I received via email a request for the model number and serial number so "they" could look into it.
    * I responded with a foto of the box tag with said info as well as an image of the Colt promo offer.
    * Colt acquiesced and said I'm good to go and to send foto of invoice and shipping address.
    * I complied and provided out of state address.

I would be more than happy to share my email thread with anybody if you think that would help your cause. Unfortunately the email is between me and a nameless Colt customer service email address. Shoot me an email if you want me forward said email thread.

Cheers,

Mark

P.S. I just looked and the HBAR has not been added to the approved model list in the online submission form.

What did you say in the message following the rejection? Something about being confused as to why your rifle wasn’t valid even though it says “Buy any new M4 rifle” on the rebate?

Waiting to reply back

themoose06

Sep 11, 2016
    Moose, see post #18 in this thread.

Sorry, didn’t remember that!

Here is the reply I got after saying

“I’m confused. The rebate was rejected but the rebate promo says “Buy any new Colt rifle” and “Colt LE6920”. Rebate says “M4 Summer” and it says “M4 Carbine” on my box sticker? My rifle is both a newly manufactured and purchased LE6920HBPW. Why wouldn’t this rifle be included in the rebate?”

Colt’s Reply

“Good Morning,

Thank you for your inquiry. This matter is under review, we will reply as soon as possible with our determination.

Sincerely,
    Colt Rebate Customer Service”

I don’t understand why the HBPW wasn’t included in the first place?

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    Hey Moose, may or may not be the answer but I think the devil is in the details. On the HBAR box end it says, "2013 config." The fine print on the Colt promo says, "Promotion valid for all New Colt Rifle models only." They appear to have intended this only or new models and overlooked the HBAR manufacturing run. I think you will get what you deserve here and they will approve your submission. FWIW, I received the exact same "under review" response prior to the approval.

Cheers,

Mark

themoose06

Sep 11, 2016
    Hey Moose, may or may not be the answer but I think the devil is in the details. On the HBAR box end it says, "2013 config." The fine print on the Colt promo says, "Promotion valid for all New Colt Rifle models only." They appear to have intended this only or new models and overlooked the HBAR manufacturing run. I think you will get what you deserve here and they will approve your submission. FWIW, I received the exact same "under review" response prior to the approval.

Cheers,

Mark

Pretty sure the LE6920 SOCOM is included in the rebate and its box is marked “2013 config”

A lot of these colt rifles are marked “2013 config”

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom