• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • boss281

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    Carroll County
    ...back in January of 2013, I completed the Maryland Police Training Commission's online "Firearms Safety Training Course". At the end of completing the course you print a page that has your Certificate on Completion, that you cut out and keep in your wallet.

Still don't own a handgun since taking this, but someone at the range today mentioned this predates the need for the current HQL and I can use it to purchase a pistol in Maryland. Really?

boss281

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    Carroll County
    Well i have my rifles, always have, and 9mm rifle for competition...a nice M&P 2.0 would get me into 2 gun...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

boss281

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    Carroll County
    That's why I asked, it sounded pretty far-fetched, but my interests in sidearms were non-existent until about a month ago. I was in the Navy Reserve 1981 through 1985, and still have my discharge certificate framed on the wall. I've also heard that is sufficient as well. Sorry for all the questions, I should be using the search function. I know better! I will just get my hql soon, that seems straightforward enough. Thanks for the feedback.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

6pack

MSI BOD Member
    Apr 2, 2012
    Eldersburg, MD
    Your discharge certificate may be sufficient to get you out of the training requirement, but you still need to get the HQL. One of the training exemptions is: Is an honorably discharged member of the armed forces of the United States or National Guard.

boss281

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    Carroll County
    Like I said, the HQL is just a process that I'll work through shortly, then take the time to find a good platform that works for me again. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom