• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    None of us in MD will be laughing if CA somehow gets it first. It's not safe to assume the authoritarians in our general assembly would bend and give in if CA does.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    It wouldn't surprise me if we aren't one of the last to admit self defense is THE reason for CCW.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    BOTTOM LINE: A progressive cause is a progressive cause ...

Nobody thought Illinois would go before us.
    That was out self-preservation against Chiraq spreading ...
    If they pass it out there, you know damn good and well we're next.
    Wishful thinking on BOTH ...
    None of us in MD will be laughing if CA somehow gets it first. It's not safe to assume the authoritarians in our general assembly would bend and give in if CA does.
    Reverse Californication ? Surely you jest ... and don't call me Shirley.:o
    It wouldn't surprise me if we aren't one of the last to admit self defense is THE reason for CCW.
    Yeppers ...

There's more to Californication than 2A, in fact it's just a by-product of liberal/progressive mindlessness. The DemocRATs in PRofMD would no sooner abandon their gun-grabbing ways than they would suing Trump over becoming a sanctuary state. It's just different verse in the same song.

Stop thinking single issue. That's how the MDGA (and the entire DemocRAT Congress) got us into the mess we are in today. Beyond 'you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours' work of passing loony liberal legislation, there has been massive coordination between fringe groups to bolster each other's cause.

Divide and Conquer. We fell for it ... as did 2A.

Last edited:

243hunter

Oct 26, 2012
    Illinois
    True.

IL went from no-issue, to shall-issue. Skipped right over may-issue.

I wouldn't like it shall issue, more like selective issue, if you are one of the people that have been waiting over a year for the review board to approve or deny you license.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I wouldn't like it shall issue, more like selective issue, if you are one of the people that have been waiting over a year for the review board to approve or deny you license.

Thanks. As long as the state can not deny an applicant without sufficient cause, then it's considered 'shall-issue'; and is listed this way in every website (including some antis) that I am aware of. But your point is well taken. Some also refer to 'permissive may-issue' like Delaware. Or 'highly restrictive may-issue' like NY, NJ, MD, and a few others. I'd consider IL ahead of MD now in the grand scheme of gun related legislation. To make a real difference here in MD, we will have to use the courts, or get rid of the Mike/Mike show at the state capital.

Noticed you have 47 posts already, congrats! When you get to 50 a new sub-forum will be visible called Water-Cooler; and you'll be able to sell stuff on MDShooters. :thumbsup:

Mike

Propietario de casa, Toluca, México
    MDS Supporter
    I'd say the odds are 7:4 against that happening without the SCOTUS making it so.

California

Candidate........Votes...............Pct.
    Clinton(D)......7,362,490.......61.6%
    Trump(R).......3,916,209.......32.8%
    Johnson(L)........402,406........3.4%
    Others.............. 273,212........2.3%

Southwest Chuck

A Calguns Interloper.. ;)
    Jul 21, 2011
    CA
    It's a fake Bill and not really Shall Issue. Not that it will pass, but ........They can still Deny based on the finding of "Good Moral Charactor" (or lack there-of).

Bad credit?
    Multiple Parking tickets?
    One of Trumps Deplorables?

FORGET IT !

243hunter

Oct 26, 2012
    Illinois
    Thanks. As long as the state can not deny an applicant without sufficient cause, then it's considered 'shall-issue'; and is listed this way in every website (including some antis) that I am aware of. But your point is well taken. Some also refer to 'permissive may-issue' like Delaware. Or 'highly restrictive may-issue' like NY, NJ, MD, and a few others. I'd consider IL ahead of MD now in the grand scheme of gun related legislation. To make a real difference here in MD, we will have to use the courts, or get rid of the Mike/Mike show at the state capital.

Noticed you have 47 posts already, congrats! When you get to 50 a new sub-forum will be visible called Water-Cooler; and you'll be able to sell stuff on MDShooters. :thumbsup:

There have been a few that got denied at the board level, and had to appeal to the circuit court, and had their denial overturned. The problem is most of the board reviews come from one person, the sheriff of Cook County, and he basically files an objection to a application because their has been a contact card filled out on them.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    So to make a reference closer to home for us here :
    It sounds as if Cook Co Illinois in practice is similar to City of Philadelphia in practice. State law calls for Shall Issue, but large jurisdiction makes excessive overuse of. " Good Moral Character " language .

243hunter

Oct 26, 2012
    Illinois
    Biggfoot44, you got it. Cook County antigun sheriff didn't get his way when they passed the carry law, so he makes it hard on as many people as he can, to prevent people from getting carry licenses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom