• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    Couldn't help myself. This was my last purchase on my FFL03 before it expired this week. :o

Wife has been so proud of me lately that I have sold some stuff that she said I can treat myself to something I really wanted. I have wanted a M1D sniper for while but they were always out of my price range.

It wasn't cheap, but who needs two testicles? :innocent0

Its a 6 digit original finish in service grade with CMP Cert. It has a Turner Saddlery pad (they purchased the original dies from MRT when they stopped making them and It is sporting a NOS USGI Walnut Overton Stock.

UlIem3.jpg

OY0cCd.jpg

TUE5iP.jpg

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Now you need the mount and scope.

From all reports, bite the bullet and buy a USGI mount. Most of the aftermarket ones have trouble.

I managed to get a heck of a deal on an original M84 scope for mine off of Gun Broker. Guy bought it from CMP, but never did his sniper, so sold it.

CMP has repro M82 scopes for under $400. From reports, they are not bad.

And for others, CMP still has M1D rifles. Only Field grade though.

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    good to know about the mounts and scopes. I would like to get the optics, but that's a fight for another day with the spousal unit.

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    good to know about the mounts and scopes. I would like to get the optics, but that's a fight for another day with the spousal unit.

The prices on m84's are obscene to say the least. They make no rational sense based on the quality of the optic.

If you want a shooter scope to tide you over till you find an m84 with the right price the scopes from Keep Shooting (and only the scopes from Keep Shooting) are taiwanese and not chinese. This means they are made up to milspec by the same guys that made them for the taiwanese military. Tokiwartooth, the scope repair guy at cmp forums will use them to repair usgi scopes, they are that good. You can get them under $200 on sale.

as to the mount, you really have no choice but USGI. All the aftermarket ones suck.

I didn't know turner made pads, I'll have to get one of theirs....

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    The prices on m84's are obscene to say the least. They make no rational sense based on the quality of the optic.

If you want a shooter scope to tide you over till you find an m84 with the right price the scopes from Keep Shooting (and only the scopes from Keep Shooting) are taiwanese and not chinese. This means they are made up to milspec by the same guys that made them for the taiwanese military. Tokiwartooth, the scope repair guy at cmp forums will use them to repair usgi scopes, they are that good. You can get them under $200 on sale.

as to the mount, you really have no choice but USGI. All the aftermarket ones suck.

I didn't know turner made pads, I'll have to get one of theirs....
    Sold out @ Keep Shooting. :envy:

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Nice find, esp. since you don't have to sneak it into the house!
    Was at a PA auction in Dec and they sold two M84 scopes with case. Memory might be wrong but I think they went for around $800 ea. There was an M1D sold as well but I can't remember what it hammered for and threw out my notes.

SmokeEaterPilot

Jun 3, 2011
    Does any M1C/M1D documentation interested you? Correspondance from Springfield Armory on the development of the M1C and M1D program?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom