• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trumpet

SCSC/NRA life member. MSI member
    Oct 29, 2005
    Somewhat of a "cheap" safe, but I like it. I got one of the "Diamond Back" safes from Zykan. ZPD-45.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    I spoke with some people I trust who know the OP and they agree with you. It was definitely suspicious though.
    Safetech and Safecracker both seem to have outstanding reputations for being helpful among the MDS membership. I wouldn't be suspicious of either one.

Anotherpyr

Ultimate Member
    I have seen upwards of $30,000 worth of firearms in $400 trash safes. To me it's the same thing as driving drunk or not using birth control. You have to ask yourself if it is worth the risk.

I'm guessing the owners of such would store $30,000 in cash in a $400 safe. When I bought my safe, it cost more than what I stored in it. But I bought it for the fire protection. When I was 17 our house burnt to the ground. I lost everything except what I had on me. So for me it was about not losing things I've learned that can't be replaced. Like stuff your father left you when he passed away.

mancheechee

Daily Trigger
    Jul 22, 2010
    Frederick
    I'm guessing the owners of such would store $30,000 in cash in a $400 safe. When I bought my safe, it cost more than what I stored in it. But I bought it for the fire protection. When I was 17 our house burnt to the ground. I lost everything except what I had on me. So for me it was about not losing things I've learned that can't be replaced. Like stuff your father left you when he passed away.

that's a heavy loss to lose your father and then lose irreplaceable items in a fire.
    I am in 110% agreement with you. People laugh about the safes I got for my wife's scrapbooks. She's worked on them for the past 11years and they cannot be replaced if burnt. Everything else is replaceable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom