• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Krysta

Gun Girl
    Apr 8, 2015
    Columbia, MD
    The Sig Sauer MPX-P will become MD legal here soon so I called up Sig today to ask when their 40S&W or 357SIG conversion kits will become available and the rep said he has absolutely no forecast-ed date when they may become available. Just figured I'd pass this along. I'm dying to convert one to 40S&W in the future.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    I called up Sig today to ask when ___ will become available

:lol2::lol2::lol::lol2::lol2::lol::lol::lol::lol2:

Thanks, I needed a laugh today;) This is Sig. They still don't have parts for the 556xi which came out two YEARS ago. When Sig finally announces they are available, its going to be at LEAST a year wait for them to hit the shelves. Typical announce too early and deliver too late marketing.

Krysta

Gun Girl
    Apr 8, 2015
    Columbia, MD
    :lol2::lol2::lol::lol2::lol2::lol::lol::lol::lol2:

Thanks, I needed a laugh today;) This is Sig. They still don't have parts for the 556xi which came out two YEARS ago. When Sig finally announces they are available, its going to be at LEAST a year wait for them to hit the shelves. Typical announce too early and deliver too late marketing.

Yeah, makes no damn sense. You make the parts to sell the gun but you cant sell the parts individually? BS.

Oh well, Ill just shoot it in 9mm when I get her....then wait 5 years for the conversion kit lol :D

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    They pulled this same stunt with the 556xi. Seems to be the industry paradigm these days to promise conversion kits and then never deliver.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    I have the Sig MPX on my short list also. Since going with a 3 caliber kit on an HK USP-C as a bug-out pistol I have been looking for a PCC/SMG sized firearm that could quickly transition to the same 3 calibers. The MPX meets that criteria.

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    IIRC, the 9mm MPX rifles/pistols hitting the market now CAN'T be converted. I read an article on some gun blog that stated the MPX has been so late to the market due TO the conversion kits, but the 9mm MPX was ready and they just wanted it released. An updated version that can be converted will land later, allegedly.

Krysta

Gun Girl
    Apr 8, 2015
    Columbia, MD
    IIRC, the 9mm MPX rifles/pistols hitting the market now CAN'T be converted. I read an article on some gun blog that stated the MPX has been so late to the market due TO the conversion kits, but the 9mm MPX was ready and they just wanted it released. An updated version that can be converted will land later, allegedly.

Thanks for the info, Ill do some research on this or call them again.

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    The Sig Sauer MPX-P will become MD legal here soon so I called up Sig today to ask when their 40S&W or 357SIG conversion kits will become available and the rep said he has absolutely no forecast-ed date when they may become available. Just figured I'd pass this along. I'm dying to convert one to 40S&W in the future.

I am thinking about getting a Sig Sauer MPX-P, so can someone tell me if this firearm has become legal to own in MD now? Also, can I get one with a collapsible or folding stock or is that not legal in MD? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Cal68

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    I am thinking about getting a Sig Sauer MPX-P, so can someone tell me if this firearm has become legal to own in MD now?

Yes, they are legal. The MPX-P is on the handgun roster, and you can buy them. You will need an HQL.

Also, can I get one with a collapsible or folding stock or is that not legal in MD?

If you get one with a stock, it's not an MPX-P any more (having a stock makes it a rifle, not a pistol). You CAN buy them, but some configurations will fail the "copycat" test and be illegal. Specifically, you can not have more than one of: a) folding stock, b) grenade launcher, c) flash hider on a centerfire, semiautomatic rifle that accepts detachable magazines. So, you can buy an MPX-Carbine, but it can NOT have both a folding stock and a flash hider. A collapsing stock doesn't count, so you can buy the collapsing stock / flash hider version here without an issue.

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Yes, they are legal. The MPX-P is on the handgun roster, and you can buy them. You will need an HQL.

If you get one with a stock, it's not an MPX-P any more (having a stock makes it a rifle, not a pistol). You CAN buy them, but some configurations will fail the "copycat" test and be illegal. Specifically, you can not have more than one of: a) folding stock, b) grenade launcher, c) flash hider on a centerfire, semiautomatic rifle that accepts detachable magazines. So, you can buy an MPX-Carbine, but it can NOT have both a folding stock and a flash hider. A collapsing stock doesn't count, so you can buy the collapsing stock / flash hider version here without an issue.

Thanks my friend. It seems like it would be best to buy from an IP who would know what configuration is legal here in MD. I will try to see if I can get a deal during Black Friday sales.

Cal68

Montani

Nov 15, 2016
    Hi, new to the site.....anyway, I have a MPX and just called sig sauer for an estimate as to when they will release the conversion kits and/or uppers....they said middle of next year, 2017, at the earliest.
    I own multiple sig sauer rifles/pistols, but I am very disappointed on their handling of this matter. The MPX has been out for quite awhile now. I have many other fine manufacturers such a s&w, cz, colt, barrett, and more, to choose from.
    It will be a long time before I purchase another of their products or recommend them.

6pack

MSI BOD Member
    Apr 2, 2012
    Eldersburg, MD
    I was at 2A Sales/Service yesterday and saw the 9mm MPX carbine with the collapsible stock for the first time, so I'm here researching it. Several people there have it and love it. It looks great and felt good. I didn't know to ask about conversion kits, but I'm only interested in the 9mm version anyway. Anyone else have it and can give their opinion?

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I was at 2A Sales/Service yesterday and saw the 9mm MPX carbine with the collapsible stock for the first time, so I'm here researching it. Several people there have it and love it. It looks great and felt good. I didn't know to ask about conversion kits, but I'm only interested in the 9mm version anyway. Anyone else have it and can give their opinion?

I have both the pistol and carbine. There awesome! !! Love the machine work! And a decent trigger. Their tac drivers for sure !!.any particular thing you want to know?

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

I've got the same one that was hanging on their wall and love it.

Say the word and you can try it out up at AGC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom