Help me Mod My Glock 34 Gen3! (competition shooters please chime in)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kevmo

N00b
    Feb 20, 2009
    Severn
    so...i've had this for a while.... time to start putting some money in it...

should i leave it stock and shoot some computitions? im VERY new to competitions so not really sure with the different classes and stuff would effect the mods...

right now here's a small list i've compiled...

Glockworx Fulcrum Ultimate Trigger
    poss send out slide to mill + RMR
    Glockworx Magwell

Maybe the Glockworx slides?

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Just my opinion.

Start shooting Factory/Stock competition first. Your Glock 34 is more than capable of doing a great job in stock class.

You will build muscle memory, get a feel for shooting in matches, and you'll figure out whether you really like it or not.

Shooting stock class only costs ammo and admission fees.

You can spend thousands of dollars only to figure out, too late, that you don't really want to compete in Race Gun matches.

Finally, without basic competition skills, you will not be competitive at advanced levels. No matter how much you spend of modifications.

pilotguy299

Ultimate Member
    Sep 26, 2010
    FredNeck County, MD
    I purchased one of the fulcrum triggers, and eventually took it out. Although the break is very crisp, the reset can be set a bit too short and can mimic having doubles and triples if you don't control the recoil well. I think a better value is putting in one of their race connectors, which I have yet to have any sort of problems with. I also recommend their firing pin safety, which also helps to reduce felt trigger pull.

I went with a slide & red dot sight cut from lone wolf. The price wasn't too bad, and have had no problems.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    What ih8 said.

Stick factory for a while and get a feel for it and what you don't like before just loading it with parts.

Factory 34 parts are verrrrry capable :)

bigalf

Apr 1, 2012
    Fort Meade
    Id invest in some new sights. An extended slide release, and maybe a talon grip tape. Those are all fairly inexpensive, and will greatly help you compete. IMHO

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    If you have a Blue Label G34 , change out the connector for 3.5 pound. Mine came with 5.5 and other blue labels are 4.5

I run mine with:

extended slide lock (only for ease of breaking down for cleaning)

trijicon night sights (steel & low light shoot house)

Tried the extended magazine release and didn't like it on the G34, runs great on my G17.

http://[URL=http://s933.photobucket.com/user/slickville/media/001_zpsaa1d03c2.jpg.html] [/URL]

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    You do too much and lose the glock reliability. Try Warren sevigny competition wide rear and front fiber optical sights. Also glockworx 3 spring trigger lightening kit. .25 cent polishing job.

Tactics

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2010
    Happy to be Here
    New sights and skate board grip tape everywhere. A mag well is something I'd love to have, but in many cases it bumps you up to a higher class in competition.

newq

101st Poptart Assault BSB
    Mar 6, 2011
    Eldersburg, MD
    If you really want to be a pro you need to send it to SAI to be done up right. Best part is its cheap. You will only need to spend $2300 plus the original cost of the glock.

Attachments

• SAI.jpg
      SAI.jpg
      80.2 KB · Views: 242
    • sai2.jpg
      sai2.jpg
      100.8 KB · Views: 221
    • sai3.jpg
      sai3.jpg
      129.8 KB · Views: 227
    • sai4.jpg
      sai4.jpg
      119.6 KB · Views: 224

aaron.foulk

Feb 16, 2013
    Here's my list.
    Reading glasses (for the rulebook)
    Magazines (at least 6 standard capacity)
    Magazine pouches (at least 2 for idpa, at least 5 for USPSA and read your rule book for requirements)
    Holster (read your rulebook for your chosen sport)

Until you've read and understand the equipment rules for your chosen game and division, don't make any changes to the gun. Go shoot and have fun. You're going to be terrible in your first few matches, so blame the terribleness on lack of mods on the gun (and possibly not having read the rules).

00 Del

Jan 1, 2012
    The Dena, MD
    +1 on the internal parts polishing and the springs. There is a good video that I have that walks one through the specifics, and it didn't cost me much.

Be careful what you modify, otherwise you'll be going up in class in the competitions you want to shoot.

A good stone, some Flitz and a dremel or Fordam tool can really make a difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom