• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    get the 357 and you can get drop in 40 cal and 9mm barrels for it.plus, 357 mags will run 40 cal rounds no problemo.

+1 on the "mid size" glocks being the best compromise, but truth be told, i can get similar groups with a g27 as i can with a g22, just a little harder to control in rapid fire...so i bought the mag/pinkie extender grip thing to fix that.

I disagree.
    Get the .40 and the .357 barrel drops in.

The .40 is a 'more common round' (for ammo availability!) and then take your time, finding .357 Sig ammo.
    Locally, I've NEVER seen .357 ammo, other than gunshows, and it was crazy expensive. :shocked3:

.40 to 9mm is a conversion barrel (I suggest Storm Lake or KKM), magazines and MAYBE the extractor and ejector.

.40 to .357 or vice-versa is NO change, except for the barrel.

Sunir

Jul 10, 2013
    Like I sad Glock 23 for the win...17 and 19 are most common because they are 9mm and most people buy Glocks as they first enter the hobby...they walk into a store and say hmmm it's a 9, it's the most popular, I must get it... only to come back and get a G23 later on. The G23 gen 4 is fantastic, mine has been flawless and of course you can go .357 or 9mm with conversion as well as a ton of mags (as mentioned before). I really only wanted 1 go-to Glock and the 23 does that in spades, does it super well, and is reliable while doing so.

drewhall

May 29, 2009
    Maryland
    I got a 19. I already had a .40 pistol, and I'm glad I got the 9mm. A couple extra rounds and it has very little recoil. If I want bigger I shoot my fnx-45. :) I really like the g19 size, easy to conceal but big enough to get a good grip on without having to try.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    I got a 19. I already had a .40 pistol, and I'm glad I got the 9mm. A couple extra rounds and it has very little recoil. If I want bigger I shoot my fnx-45. :) I really like the g19 size, easy to conceal but big enough to get a good grip on without having to try.

Good choice. I just ripped through over 800 rounds with my gen 3 G19 this weekend in a Suarez Close Range Gunfighting class up in PA. In the rain, and sleet, with mags dropped in the mud. Didn't clean it between day one and two and didn't give it any additional lube between days, either. The only malfunctions it had were the ones we deliberately set up for practice. It is an awesome firearm.

michaera

Love me some freedom.
    Jan 10, 2014
    Thanks guys gonna play with the just have to get my hands on them I am still not sure on caliber, but I'll check out the 17 and 22. Already have some .40 laying around. But the availability of 9mm is a plus.

Don't know if you made a purchase yet, but my wife has a Glock 17, gen 3. She used Glocks during her service, so it was no question for her. She loves it.

I would get a gen 4 if you got one at all, just for the double recoil spring. I do the cleaning of all of our guns, and to me, the double recoil spring in all gen 4 Glocks is nicer/more modular for assembly/disassembly in general. Just my two cents though.

Sunir

Jul 10, 2013
    ^^^G23 Gen 4 = the best all around Glock on the market today. Well done good sir!

JettaRed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2013
    Middletown
    I'd avoid the subcompact "baby Glocks" as they're not well suited to range play in my opinion...

That's not really a fair statement. I shoot my G26 quite effectively at the range. It depends what you shoot for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paperpounder

Jan 12, 2011
    Hampstead, MD / NC
    She's home, put about 400 rds through her at freestate. I am happy with my choice thanks for all the advice.
    2yveta4u.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom