• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NatBoh

Ultimate Member
    Jan 4, 2012
    Baltimore
    All,

I have an opened 525 pack of Remington Golden Bullets. There are approximately 425-450 rounds remaining. I no longer own a .22 rifle, so I don't need these.

I would like to sell them and then turn around and donate the proceeds to MSI. I have no idea what these are worth now, so what I'll do is let anyone that is interested in them submit an offer. I'll close it off Tuesday at 12:00 am. I'll select the best offer, then contact that person. We can then decide a location to meet up and that person can give me a check or money order payable to MSI.
    I live in Baltimore, and will travel a reasonable distance to meet the buyer.

Get some food for your rifle and help support MSI at the same time!

ETH092

Aug 29, 2010
    Harford County
    Too bad the price gougers in the classifieds and around the net never gave much thought to an idea like this thats actually worth a shit. Like where you heads at brother. *thumbs up*

NatBoh

Ultimate Member
    Jan 4, 2012
    Baltimore
    Don't thank me too much. I was one of those "gougers". I had an AR15 in the classifieds for way more than I paid for it. But guess what, no one bought it. So I don't see how anyone got gouged. To me it was supply/demand working. My price was too high for the demand level at that time, therefore it didn't sell.

Thanks for the words of encouragement just the same though!

aemik

Jan 4, 2013
    Baltimore
    In Baltimore, need .22, been meaning to donate to MSI anyways. I'll start with $50. Or are we supposed to do this via PM?

All,

I have an opened 525 pack of Remington Golden Bullets. There are approximately 425-450 rounds remaining. I no longer own a .22 rifle, so I don't need these.

I would like to sell them and then turn around and donate the proceeds to MSI. I have no idea what these are worth now, so what I'll do is let anyone that is interested in them submit an offer. I'll close it off Tuesday at 12:00 am. I'll select the best offer, then contact that person. We can then decide a location to meet up and that person can give me a check or money order payable to MSI.
    I live in Baltimore, and will travel a reasonable distance to meet the buyer.

Get some food for your rifle and help support MSI at the same time!

NatBoh

Ultimate Member
    Jan 4, 2012
    Baltimore
    That's awesome man!

I've never done anything like this, but I think doing it in the open for all to see is best.

$50.00 is where we stand then.

Just to be clear, it's approximately 425-450 rounds of Remington .22LR.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    I thought about doing this with an M1... Picking one up and basically offering it for sale and anything about the paid for price would go to MSI just not sure how well it would work or if there would be enough interest. Of even one of my target .22's

If I could donate the rifle I would but I simply cannot afford to do that.

NatBoh

Ultimate Member
    Jan 4, 2012
    Baltimore
    Great idea Stu. If we could find a Bushmaster or some other similar priced AR around $1000.00, and just do an open auction on it and sell it to the highest bidder. I bet we could raise a few hundred for MSI.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Great idea Stu. If we could find a Bushmaster or some other similar priced AR around $1000.00, and just do an open auction on it and sell it to the highest bidder. I bet we could raise a few hundred for MSI.

You could try and find a shop that would be willing to do the auction. Or maybe a raffle? You could definitely raise more money with a raffle. 1000 tickets @ $10 each = $10,000. I'm not sure on the legality of a raffle for a lobbying group vs a charity though.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Don't get me wrong I'd love to donate an M1 but I don't have that kind of money. But if we had a pay to make all proceeds go to msi I would gladly get one for that purpose.

NatBoh

Ultimate Member
    Jan 4, 2012
    Baltimore
    I see no problem with conducting a raffle and donating the proceeds to MSI. The raffle itself wouldn't involve or be sanctioned by MSI. But we would be free to donate the proceeds as we see fit. We're a little in the game as far as doing it this year, but it's something we can look at doing next year. That is if anything will still be legal!

NatBoh

Ultimate Member
    Jan 4, 2012
    Baltimore
    Ok folks. A little over an hour left for the .22 ammo auction. So far the highest, and only bidder(lol), is aemik, at $50.00.

Anyone else who wants to jump in and help a good cause and get some ammo too, needs to get a bid in!

$50.00 going once.......

NatBoh

Ultimate Member
    Jan 4, 2012
    Baltimore
    Sold!

Congrats aemik, you're now the proud owner of an opened, partially used box of ammunition!

Seriously, thanks for jumping in with such a generous bid. It's through the dollars, time, and effort of folks like yourself, that will help us win this fight against those that seek to illegally disarm us. I believe MSI to be an organization worthy of supporting financially and otherwise, so I will happily remit your donation to them.

You can PM with your availability to do the transfer.

Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom