• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joseph

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 13, 2009
    Clinton MD
    I got this Kayak two years ago and used it once. I didn’t like it much. To me it felt unstable and I did not want to try fishing from it. It could have just been my lack of experience though. It a Pelican brand sold at Tractor Supply. I think it was the Angler 10 or something. Comes as pictured. Pickup in Clinton MD. A couple miles South of Andrews AFB.

Attachments

• 98BBDC27-160D-4324-80A8-06EFE650BBDB.jpg
      98BBDC27-160D-4324-80A8-06EFE650BBDB.jpg
      180.2 KB · Views: 811
    • 5FE7A5C4-EDBC-402D-BBA3-680AE9D5F433.jpg
      5FE7A5C4-EDBC-402D-BBA3-680AE9D5F433.jpg
      152.4 KB · Views: 819

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    That’s sweet! Sit on tops (SOT’s) are THE way to go albeit, do take some “getting used to” ... Sit-insides (SI’s) ain’t nuthin but plastic spider nesting houses in our neck o’ the woods, if you intend to leave them outside. Not knowing this, we have at last count five sit-ins that I’ve had to put hooks on walls for hanging inside (wife no problem with snakes but spiders are a 100% no go and nothing curtails guests going out for a paddle like spiders dropping out of the sit-ins left out for as little as one night :-O

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    I'd like to see someone redneck engineer a craft from two sit on tops pontoon boat style with a deck/platform joining the two together. More stable and more weight support. Like this but not inflatable...

Attachments

• 41a6wIV+7CL._AC_SY400_.jpg
      41a6wIV+7CL._AC_SY400_.jpg
      15.6 KB · Views: 682

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I'd like to see someone redneck engineer a craft from two sit on tops pontoon boat style with a deck/platform joining the two together. More stable and more weight support. Like this but not inflatable...
    ...with a little stand-up platform. That would be nice...

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    ...with a little stand-up platform. That would be nice...

Yep...stand up or a good swivel seat that you could fold out of the way. Of course, depending on what game you are after one of these might be more fun...

Attachments

• maxresdefault-4.jpg
      maxresdefault-4.jpg
      20.1 KB · Views: 668

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    That’s sweet! Sit on tops (SOT’s) are THE way to go albeit, do take some “getting used to” ... Sit-insides (SI’s) ain’t nuthin but plastic spider nesting houses in our neck o’ the woods, if you intend to leave them outside. Not knowing this, we have at last count five sit-ins that I’ve had to put hooks on walls for hanging inside (wife no problem with snakes but spiders are a 100% no go and nothing curtails guests going out for a paddle like spiders dropping out of the sit-ins left out for as little as one night :-O

I put a trash bag over the opening and tie a string or bungee cord on there. Keeps the spiders out. I keep mine in the shed, but used to keep them outside hanging too. I got spiders in both locations. The bag and tie worked for me.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    I got this Kayak two years ago and used it once. I didn’t like it much. To me it felt unstable and I did not want to try fishing from it. It could have just been my lack of experience though. It a Pelican brand sold at Tractor Supply. I think it was the Angler 10 or something. Comes as pictured. Pickup in Clinton MD. A couple miles South of Andrews AFB.

I'm passing this along for someone else to enjoy. Thanks for the memories Joseph :)

Pickup in Laurel or Highland

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Bumping this for whoever can use a free kayak.
    After talking with CrawfishStu he's decided that perhaps a more stable kayak may be better for his son.

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    Rednecks have been making amphibious craft like that for a hellova long time. The only problem is that neighbors don't like looking at them stacked up in the front yard, I'd imagine that with the right marketing one of these redneck devises would work 110%to get the job done and I'd be lying if I said I'd never made a redneck devise that would make my neighbors hope I'm making a dump run on Monday.

Check out ginger billy guy on YouTube. Cracks me up. I was looking for an electric bike a while ago and he ended up coming up in my feed. Pretty comical dude. He made a redneck fire truck one time.i laughed my ass off on that one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom